This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article concerns the period 629 BC – 620 BC.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trendsEdit
- c. 627 BC—Death of Assurbanipal, king of Assyria; he is succeeded by Assur-etel-ilani.
- 627 BC—Creation of Durrës, at the time Epidamnus.
- 627 BC—Spring and Autumn period: Jim defeats Qin in the Battle of Xiao
- 626 BC—Nabopolassar revolts against Assyria, founds the Neo-Babylonian Empire.
- 625 BC—Medes and Babylonians assert their independence from Assyria and attack Nineveh (approximate date).
- c. 625 BC—Orientalizing period of vases ends in Ancient Greece.
- c. 623 BC—Sin-shar-ishkun succeeds his brother Assur-etel-ilani as king of Assyria.
- 622 or 621 BC - Draco makes the first law code for Ancient Greece.