61st Directors Guild of America Awards
The 61st Directors Guild of America Awards, honoring the outstanding directorial achievements in films, documentary and television in 2008, were presented on January 31, 2009 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza. The ceremony was hosted by Carl Reiner. The nominees in the feature film category were announced on January 8, 2009, and the nominations for directorial achievement in television, documentaries and commercials were announced on January 9, 2009.
|61st Directors Guild of America Awards|
|Date||January 31, 2009|
|Location||Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, Los Angeles, California|
|Presented by||Directors Guild of America|
|Hosted by||Carl Reiner|
|Best Director Feature Film:||Slumdog Millionaire – Danny Boyle|
|Best Director Documentary:||Waltz with Bashir – Ari Folman|
Winners and nomineesEdit
|Miniseries or TV Film|
Bucky Gunts – Opening Ceremony Beijing 2008 Olympic Summer Games
Tony Croll – America's Next Top Model for "Episode #1002"
- Kim Kurumada
Robert B. Aldrich Service AwardEdit
- William M. Brady
Franklin J. Schaffner Achievement AwardEdit
- Scott Berger
Honorary Life MemberEdit
- Finke, Nikki (January 31, 2009). "'Slumdog' Director Danny Boyle Wins DGA". Deadline. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- King, Susan (February 1, 2009). "Directors Guild names Danny Boyle best director for 'Slumdog Millionaire'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- "All Winners of 2008 DGA Awards and Special Award Recipients". Directors Guild of America. January 31, 2009. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- "DGA Sets Host and Presenters for 61st Annual DGA Awards Dinner". Directors Guild of America. January 26, 2009. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- Garrett, Diane (January 8, 2009). "DGA unveils director nominees". Variety. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- McNary, Dave (January 9, 2009). "'Mad Men,' '30 Rock' top DGA noms". Variety. Retrieved January 20, 2018.