|Origin||Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, metalcore|
|Labels||Resist Records, Six Feet Under Records, Washed Up Records|
Byron "Boz" Carney
In 2006, they released their self-titled 7", which sold out within 3 months of its release. Later that year, they released their debut album, Nowhere to Run, through Washed Up Records. They then released Time Is the Enemy through Resist Records. In 2006 they did a tour with Australian band I Killed the Prom Queen. At the beginning of 2008, the band played alongside Parkway Drive in 14 out of 15 dates during the Surf Rat Tour. They have since released a split CD with American band Down to Nothing.
After their European tour, they will be doing a tour of Australia with Blacklisted, and then will be a part of the annual Hardcore festival in Sydney. 50 Lions vocalist Oscar McCall is the brother of Parkway Drive vocalist Winston McCall.
In December 2010, they released a new song on a split 7" record with Australian bands Parkway Drive, No Apologies and Blkout entitled, This Is Australia. The 7" was released by friend and No Apologies vocalist Pete 'Bloke' Abordi on Abordi's Bloke Records. The goal was to release one song each by four prominent Australian hardcore bands with each song being under a minute in length.
In November 2009, 50 Lions teamed up with Baltimore's Trapped Under Ice for a national tour of Australia. The tour will cover Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Byron, Sydney and Perth. In January 2010, 50 Lions toured Australia nationally on the Boys of Summer 2010 Tour, supporting American metalcore band Every Time I Die. During the months from April to May 2010, 50 Lions toured Europe with Parkway Drive, Despised Icon, Winds Of Plague and The Warriors.
- Oscar McCall – vocals
- Byron "Boz" Carney – bass
- Elmzy – guitars
- Baina – guitars
- Jonathan Niclair – drums
- 2005 - Demo 7"
- 2006 - Nowhere to Run
- 2007 - Time Is the Enemy
- 2008 - Down to Nothing / 50 Lions EP
- 2009 - S/T 7"
- 2009 - Where Life Expires
- 2010 - This Is Australia: Split 7"
- 2013 - Pray for Nothing 7"
- 2015 - Former Glory 7"
- "Washed Up Records :: Bands". Archived from the original on 16 November 2007. Retrieved 14 February 2008.
- "Resist Records | Releases". Archived from the original on 24 October 2007. Retrieved 14 February 2008.
- "Washed Up Records :: News". Archived from the original on 5 March 2008. Retrieved 14 February 2008.
- "Resist Records | Shows and tours". Archived from the original on 11 April 2008. Retrieved 14 February 2008.
- MySpace.com - Hardcore 2008 - AU - Hardcore - www.myspace.com/hardcore2008
- "MySpace.com - 50 LIONS - Byron Bay / Melbourne, AU - Hardcore - www.myspace.com/50lions". Archived from the original on 27 September 2008. Retrieved 5 July 2008.
- PyroMusic.net - Review of: 50 Lions - Time Is The Enemy
- Waterfront Records