|Industry||Video game industry|
In April 2012, 505 Games took over publishing duties from THQ for the fitness game Adidas MiCoach, following a lawsuit between THQ and Adidas. In April 2013, they acquired the license of Drawn To Life series. The purchase includes rights to the franchise as a whole. In April 2014, 505 Games announced a publishing agreement with Adam Orth's Three One Zero of the game Adrift. The game is described as a first-person experience, where the player controls an astronaut exploring debris of a wrecked station in outer space. In January 2015, 505 Games confirmed the acquisition of the intellectual property (IP) rights to the multi-award-winning Game of the Year 2013, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons from Starbreeze Studios. In April 2015, 505 Games announced a publishing agreement with Swedish game developer Starbreeze for the game Overkill's The Walking Dead, which released in late 2018. A month later, 505 Games announced a publishing agreement with game developer Overkill Software for the game Payday 2 Crimewave Edition. In August 2016, 505 Games announced it would be publishing Virginia from Variable State.
In March 2015, 505 Games purchased 2.67% stock of Swedish game developer Starbreeze Studios. In January 2016, 505 Games announced that they will shift their focus from publishing games for other developers to developing their own intellectual properties. In October 2016, 505 Games has announced through Koji Igarashi, their collaboration in publishing Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night from Igarashi's own ArtPlay, DICO and Inti Creates, though Inti's involvement has been reduced. At the Sony E3 press conference on 11 June 2018, 505 Games announced a partnership with Remedy Entertainment to publish Control.
Games published by 505 Games include Sniper Elite III, Payday 2, Assetto Corsa, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Terraria, How to Survive, Defense Grid 2, Deep Black, Abzu, Adrift, and Virginia.
- Doolan, Lian (13 September 2018). "Terraria Publisher 505 Games Expands Coverage To Japan And South Korea". Nintendo Life.
- "505 Games' Ian Howe Interview". Digital Trends.
- "Adidas MiCoach Now Published by 505 Games". Engadget.
- "505 Games Acquires Draw To Life License". Warp Zoned.
- "505 Games Publishing Adr1ft". IGN.
- "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Game of the Year Award". PlayStation Blog.
- "Brothers IP Sold to 505 Games". Eurogamer.
- "505 Games To Publish Overkills The Walking Dead". The Koalition.
- "PayDay 2: Crimewave Edition Release". Christian Today.
- Robinson, Martin (25 August 2016). "Virginia, one of 2016's most promising games, is coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC next month". Eurogamer. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "505 Games Acquires Stake in Starbreeze". Develop. Archived from the original on 29 December 2016. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- Dring, Christopher (21 January 2016). "505 Games switches focus to developing its own IP". MCV. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (5 October 2016), Bloodstained and 505 Games Partnership, retrieved 5 October 2016
- Kuchera, Ben (11 June 2018). "Sony debuts Remedy's new game, Control, at E3 2018". Polygon. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- "505 Games Announces Abzu". IGN.
- "505 Games Publishing Adrift". Engadget.
- "MCV Awards 2015". MCV.