50/50 (2019 film)
50/50 is an 2019 Indian Tamil-language horror comedy film directed by Krishna Sai. The film stars Sethu, Shruthi Ramakrishnan, Shreya Gupta, and Bavithra. This film marks Ramakrishnan's return to Tamil cinema after a sabbatical.
|Directed by||Krishna Sai|
|Produced by||V.N. Ranjith Kumar|
|Music by||Dharan Kumar|
|Cinematography||R K Prathap|
|Edited by||Raja Sethupathi|
|Distributed by||LIPI Cine Crafts|
- Sethu as Sethu
- Shruthi Ramakrishnan as Madhu
- Shreya Gupta as a ghost, Kai Kulandhai's love interest
- Bavithra as Samantha
- Bala Saravanan as Suman
- Dheena as Sethu's friend
- Nandha Saravanan as Police Inspector
- Rakul as Sethu's friend
- Yogi Babu as Kai Kulandhai
- John Vijay as Kulandhai
- Rajendran as Pachai Kulandhai
- Sri Nikha as Andreah
- Mayilswamy as Nagaraj, a tenant
- Madhan Bob
- Kathadi Ramamurthy as the ghost's grand-father
- Pattimandram Raja as Madhu's father
- Sriranjini as Madhu's mother
- Swaminathan as Lawyer
- Kothandam as Accused
The venture began production in 2016 with Sethu and Kannada actress and Shruthi Ramakrishnan in the lead roles. Director Krishna Sai says the film is about three IT guys: Sethu, Bala Saravanan, and Dheena from Kalakka Povathu Yaaru?, who have lost their jobs and are involved in petty theft to have a decent life. The film was shot in Chennai and Pondicherry. Bavithra, a model anchor, was roped in to play the role of Shruthi's younger sister. Nandha Saravanan, who is known for his role in Ghilli, plays an inspector who will use the three IT guys to take revenge on his own personal enemies, which will be played by Rajendran, John Vijay, and Yogi Babu.
In August 2019, the team restarted promotions and renamed the film from Aalukku Paathi 50/50 to Kadhal Modhal 50/50. The third heroine was revealed to be Shreya Gupta who is paired opposite Yogi Babu in two songs. Yogi Babu was promoted as the lead of the film due to his popularity, despite playing a supporting role. He was picturized in a song titled Kolamavu Kokila, the name of the film in which he starred as the main lead, became viral. Upon release, the film's name was changed to 50/50.
|50/50 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Soundtrack was composed by Dharan Kumar.
- "Yogi Babu to star in yet another horror comedy! - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "City model Bavithra to act with Sethu". Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "I'd love to do 'Dostana' with Santhanam in Tamil, says actor Sethu". Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Shooting the climax was a laugh riot". 16 January 2017. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- "Sethu's next is a comedy thriller about IT guys – Times of India". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- "Murder in a temple town". The New Indian Express.
- "Yogi Babu plays hero again with the film 'Kadhal Modhal 50/50' !!". Sify.
- Subramanian, Anupama (10 December 2019). "Yogi's dream song goes viral". Deccan Chronicle.
|This article relating to Indian films in the Tamil language is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a comedy horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|