42nd Berlin International Film Festival
The 42nd annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 13 to 24 February 1992. The festival opened with The Inner Circle by Andrei Konchalovsky. The Golden Bear was awarded to American film Grand Canyon directed by Lawrence Kasdan. The retrospective dedicated to Babelsberg Studios films was shown at the festival.
|Opening film||The Inner Circle|
|Awards||Golden Bear (Grand Canyon)|
|No. of films||480 films|
|Festival date||13 – 24 February 1992|
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
Films in competitionEdit
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section The opening and closing films are screened during the opening and closing ceremonies respectively.
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Golden Bear: Grand Canyon by Lawrence Kasdan
- Silver Bear – Special Jury Prize: Édes Emma, drága Böbe – vázlatok, aktok by István Szabó
- Silver Bear for Best Director: Jan Troell for Il capitano
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Maggie Cheung for Yuen Ling-yuk
- Silver Bear for Best Actor: Armin Mueller-Stahl for Utz
- Silver Bear for an outstanding single achievement: Ricardo Larraín for La frontera
- Silver Bear for an outstanding artistic contribution: Beltenebros
- Honourable Mention: Gudrun by Hans W. Geißendörfer
- Alfred-Bauer Prize: Infinitas by Marlen Khutsiev
- Berlinale Camera: Hal Roach
- FIPRESCI Award
- "PROGRAMME 1992". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "42nd Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Retrieved 27 March 2011.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1992". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "RETROSPECTIVE". Archived from the original on 4 March 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "JURIES 1992". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 29 April 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2014.