This article does not cite any sources. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Year 426 (CDXXVI) was a common year starting on Friday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Theodosius and Valentinianus (or, less frequently, year 1179 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 426 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Ab urbe condita||1179|
|Balinese saka calendar||347–348|
|Chinese calendar||乙丑年 (Wood Ox)|
3122 or 3062
— to —
丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
3123 or 3063
|- Vikram Samvat||482–483|
|- Shaka Samvat||347–348|
|- Kali Yuga||3526–3527|
|Iranian calendar||196 BP – 195 BP|
|Islamic calendar||202 BH – 201 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1486 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||737/738 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||968–969|
552 or 171 or −601
— to —
553 or 172 or −600
- Emperor Theodosius II gives orders to destroy the buildings and pagan temples at Olympia (Greece). The statue of Zeus is brought to Constantinople.
- Flavius Aetius, Roman general (magister militum), starts a 10-year campaign against the Visigoths in southern Gaul.
- King Gunderic of the Vandals accepts the request of the Alans in Hispania to become their ruler (approximate date).
- K'inich Yax K'uk' Mo' becomes the founder of the pre-Columbian Maya civilization at Copán (modern Honduras).
- Augustine of Hippo publishes the De Civitate Dei, City of God.
- Sisinnius becomes Archbishop of Constantinople.