4-Chloroindole-3-acetic acid(Redirected from 4-chloroindole-3-acetic acid)
4-Chloroindole-3-acetic acid (4-Cl-IAA) is an organic compound that functions as a plant hormone. It is a member of the class of compounds known as auxins and a chlorinated derivative of the more common auxin indole-3-acetic acid (IAA). 4-Cl-IAA is found in the seeds of a variety of plants, particularly legumes such as peas and broad beans. It is hypothesized that 4-Cl-IAA may be a "death hormone" that maturing seeds use to trigger death of the parent plant by mobilizing nutrients to be stored in the seed.
|Preferred IUPAC name
3D model (JSmol)
|Molar mass||g·mol−1 209.63|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|what is ?)(|
- Reinecke, Dennis M. (1999). "4-Chloroindole-3-acetic acid and plant growth". Plant Growth Regulation. 27 (1): 3–13. doi:10.1023/A:1006191917753. ISSN 0167-6903.
- Pless, Tanja; Boettger, Michael; Hedden, Peter; Graebe, Jan (1984). "Occurrence of 4-Cl-indoleacetic acid in broad beans and correlation of its levels with seed development". Plant Physiology. 74 (2): 320–3. doi:10.1104/pp.74.2.320. PMC 1066676. PMID 16663416.
- Ernstsen, Arild; Sandberg, Goeran (1986). "Identification of 4-chloroindole-3-acetic acid and indole-3-aldehyde in seeds of Pinus sylvestris". Physiologia Plantarum. 68 (3): 511–18. doi:10.1111/j.1399-3054.1986.tb03390.x.
- Katayama, Masato; Thiruvikraman, Singanallore V.; Marumo, Shingo (1987). "Identification of 4-chloroindole-3-acetic acid and its methyl ester in immature seeds of Vicia amurensis (the tribe Vicieae), and their absence from three species of Phaseoleae". Plant and Cell Physiology. 28 (2): 383–386. ISSN 0032-0781. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- Magnus, Volker; Ozga, Jocelyn A.; Reinecke, Dennis M.; Pierson, Gerald L.; Larue, Thomas A.; Cohen, Jerry D.; Brenner, Mark L (1997). "4-chloroindole-3-acetic and indole-3-acetic acids in Pisum sativum". Phytochemistry. 46 (4): 675–681. doi:10.1016/S0031-9422(97)00229-X.
- Engvild, Kjeld C. (1996). "Herbicidal activity of 4-chloroindoleacetic acid and other auxins on pea, barley and mustard". Physiologia Plantarum. 96 (2): 333–337. doi:10.1111/j.1399-3054.1996.tb00222.x.
|This article about a heterocyclic compound is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|