34th Berlin International Film Festival
The 34th annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 17–28 February 1984. The festival opened with The Noah's Ark Principle by Roland Emmerich.The Golden Bear was awarded to the American film Love Streams directed by John Cassavetes. The retrospective dedicated to German-American actor, screenwriter, producer and film director Ernst Lubitsch was shown at the festival.
|Opening film||The Noah's Ark Principle|
|Awards||Golden Bear (Love Streams)|
|No. of films||315 films|
|Festival date||17–28 February 1984|
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
Films in competitionEdit
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section The opening and closing films are screened during the opening and closing ceremonies respectively.
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Golden Bear: Love Streams by John Cassavetes
- Silver Bear - Special Jury Prize: No habrá más penas ni olvido by Héctor Olivera
- Silver Bear for Best Director: Ettore Scola for Le Bal
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Inna Churikova for Voenno-polevoy roman
- Silver Bear for Best Actor: Albert Finney for The Dresser
- Silver Bear for an outstanding single achievement: Monica Vitti for Flirt
- Silver Bear:
- Honourable Mention: Jean-Marie Straub, Danièle Huillet for Klassenverhältnisse
- FIPRESCI Award
- "PROGRAMME 1984". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "34th Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 28 December 2010. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- "German Currents Festival of German Film in L.A." indiewire.com. Archived from the original on 26 September 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1984". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "RETROSPECTIVE". Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "JURIES 1984". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.