2 Trumpets is an album by trumpeters Art Farmer and Donald Byrd, recorded in 1956 and released on the Prestige label. They are joined by Jackie McLean in the front line for the uptempo pieces but have a ballad quartet track apiece.
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||August 3, 1956|
Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey
|Art Farmer chronology|
|Donald Byrd chronology|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
In a contemporaneous review, Billboard was positive, commenting that it is a "very enjoyable LP for the modern jazz customer". In his review for Allmusic, Ron Wynn stated "This nice date puts two top trumpets together". The Penguin Guide to Jazz gave it two-and-a-half stars out of four, describing it as "capable but routine".
- Billboard Jan 26, 1957
- Prestige Records discography accessed September 3, 2012
- Wynn, Ron Allmusic Review accessed September 3, 2012.
- Cook, Richard and Morton, Brian (2008) The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.) Penguin, p. 469.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 76. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- "Reviews and rating of new jazz albums" (January 26, 1957) Billboard, p. 78.