This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017)
Year 245 (CCXLV) was a common year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Philippus and Titianus (or, less frequently, year 998 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 245 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Ab urbe condita||998|
|Balinese saka calendar||166–167|
|Chinese calendar||甲子年 (Wood Rat)|
2941 or 2881
— to —
乙丑年 (Wood Ox)
2942 or 2882
|Coptic calendar||−39 – −38|
|- Vikram Samvat||301–302|
|- Shaka Samvat||166–167|
|- Kali Yuga||3345–3346|
|Iranian calendar||377 BP – 376 BP|
|Islamic calendar||389 BH – 388 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1667 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||556/557 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||787–788|
371 or −10 or −782
— to —
372 or −9 or −781
- Emperor Philip the Arab entrusts Trajan Decius with an important command on the Danube.
- In Britain, many thousands of acres of modern-day Lincolnshire are inundated by a great flood.
- The philosopher Plotinus goes to live in Rome.
- Ammonius Saccas, Alexandrian-Greek philosopher (approximate date)
- Lu Xun (or Boyan), Chinese general and statesman (b. 183)
- Wu (or Wu Xian), Chinese empress of the Shu Han state
- Wu Can (or Kongxiu), Chinese official and politician
- Zhao Yan (or Boran), Chinese official and general (b. 171)
- Zhang Xiu (or Shusi), Chinese general and statesman (b. 205)