This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cardinal||two hundred forty-two|
(two hundred forty-second)
|Factorization||2 × 112|
242 is a palindrome.
In other fieldsEdit
242 is also:
- part of the name of a Belgian electronic body music group called Front 242
- the number of a notable UN Security Council resolution pertaining to the Arab/Israeli conflict, United Nations Security Council Resolution 242
- the area code of The Bahamas located in the North West Atlantic Ocean.
- Volvo 242 (2xx-series, 4-cylinder, 2-door) Produced from 1974–1984.
- Fiat 242, a van produced by Fiat
- the total number of Power Stars a player can collect in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii.
- the orbit, in days, of Kepler-69c, a planet 70 percent larger than the size of Earth, orbiting in the habitable zone of a star similar to our sun. Astronomers are uncertain about the composition of Kepler-69c, but its orbit of 242 days around a sun-like star resembles that of our neighboring planet Venus.
- 2-4-2, a Whyte notation classification of steam locomotive.
- R. K. Guy Unsolved Problems in Number Theory, section B18.
- D. Wells, The Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers, Penguin Books, NY, 1986: 147, 176.
|This number article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|