On 25 January 2022, militants stormed an army security post in a remote area of Dasht, Kech District, Balochistan, Pakistan, killing at least ten security personnel and injuring three others. The clash lasted for a few hours in which militants also suffered several casualties. Additionally, the militants also seized weapons that were present in the security post. Locals in the area also confirmed that an attack on the security post took place and that the militants suffered heavy casualties in the attack.
|2022 Kech District attack|
|Location||Dasht, Kech District, Balochistan, Pakistan|
|Date||25 January 2022|
|Target||Army security post|
|Deaths||10 security personnel|
|Injured||3 security personnel|
|Perpetrators||Balochistan Liberation Front|
Pakistani law enforcement agencies say that one militant was killed and several other militants were injured when the militants attacked the security post. Three militants responsible for the attack were also arrested by the law enforcement agencies during a search operation in the vicinity of the security post. No group has taken responsibility for the attack on security post initially. After several days, Gohram Baloch, the spokesperson of the banned Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF) claimed responsibility for the attack.
In response, Pakistan's law enforcement agencies killed six terrorist of Baloch Liberation Front in Injirkan Range near the district's Buleda area on 16 February 2022. The deceased terrorist were part of the group who took part in the raid on security post in Dasht.
- "کیچ، دشت میں سیکورٹی فورسز پر حملہ 9اہلکار جاں بحق، 3زخمی". dailyintekhab.pk. 26 January 2022.
- "کیچ میں سیکیورٹی فورسز کی چیک پوسٹ پر حملہ، 10 اہلکار شہید". shianews.com.pk. 26 January 2022.
- "Pakistani army says 10 soldiers killed in militant raid". Washington Post. 27 January 2022. Archived from the original on 28 January 2022. Retrieved 27 January 2022.
- Khan, Naveed Siddiqui | Tahir (2022-01-27). "10 soldiers martyred in terrorist attack on checkpost in Balochistan's Kech: ISPR". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 2022-01-28.
- "10 soldiers killed in terror attack in Pakistan's Balochistan province". New Indian Express. January 28, 2022. Retrieved January 28, 2022.
- "Pakistani army says 10 soldiers killed in militant raid". ABC News. 27 January 2022.
- "10 soldiers martyred in Balochistan's Kech check post attack". Express Tribune. 27 January 2022.
- Yusufzai, Gul. "Ten Pakistani soldiers killed in insurgent attack, army says". Reuters.
- "Iran, Turkey condemn Kech incident". The Nation. 29 January 2022.
- "UAE condemns attack that killed 10 Pakistani soldiers near Iran border". Arab News. 29 January 2022.
- "Six terrorists killed in exchange of fire near Balochistan's Buleda area: ISPR". Dawn News. 16 February 2022.