2022 Cricket World Cup Qualifier
The 2022 ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier is an upcoming cricket tournament scheduled to take place in 2022, to decide the final qualification for the 2023 World Cup. The host of the tournament is yet to be confirmed.
|Administrator(s)||International Cricket Council|
|Cricket format||One Day International|
|Tournament format(s)||Round-robin and Knockout|
It will feature the bottom five teams from the 2020–22 ICC Cricket World Cup Super League (or, if World Cup hosts India finish outside the top eight, the bottom five teams excluding India) along with an additional five Associate sides. Two sides will qualify from this tournament to complete the ten-team World Cup field.
In September 2018, the International Cricket Council (ICC) confirmed that all matches in the qualifier tournament will have One Day International ODI status, regardless if a team does not have ODI status prior to the start of the event.
Teams and qualificationEdit
|Means of qualification||Date||Venue||Berths||Qualified|
|Super League (Bottom 5)||31 March 2022||Various||5||
|League 2 (Top 3)||January 2022||Various||3||
|Play–Off (Top 2)||2022||Various||2||
- "New qualification pathway for ICC Men's Cricket World Cup approved". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Associates pathway to 2023 World Cup undergoes major revamp". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Star bags rights for ICC events from 2015 to 2023". Cricbuzz. 13 October 2014. Retrieved 14 October 2017.
- "New cricket calendar aims to give all formats more context". ESPN Cricinfo. 4 February 2017. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "ICC awards Asia Cup ODI status". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- "All Asia Cup matches awarded ODI status". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- "ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Qualification Pathway frequently asked questions". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
|This article related to a cricket competition is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|