Events in the year 2021 in France.
|See also:||Other events of 2021|
History of France • Timeline • Years
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2021)
Ongoing — COVID-19 pandemic in France
January to MarchEdit
- 4 March – The government bans Génération Identitaire (Generation Identity), an Identitarian nationalist anti-immigration movement.
- 5 March – Member of Parliament Sophie Auconie resigns from the National Assembly.
- 7 March – Member of Parliament Olivier Dassault is killed in a plane crash.
April to JuneEdit
- 21 April – The Valeurs Actuelles published an open letter, with 20 retired generals and 1,000 military personnel warning the country was heading for "civil war" due to Islamist religious extremism.
- 23 April - Rambouillet knife attack
July to SeptemberEdit
- 17 July – Over 100,000 people protest across France against Emmanuel Macron's plan to require COVID-19 vaccinations for health workers, along with other restrictions on unvaccinated citizens.
- 23 July – 8 August – France compete at the Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan and win 10 gold, 12 silver, and 11 bronze medals.
- 7 August – Volleyball at the 2020 Summer Olympics – Men's tournament: France defeats Russia, becoming the first to win gold in Tokyo.
- 8 August - Handball at the 2020 Summer Olympics – Women's tournament: France defeats Russia, becoming the first to win gold in Tokyo.
October to DecemberEdit
- 24 November – November 2021 English Channel disaster
- 27 November - Black-clad 'Antifa' rioters in France attacked police officers with fists, projectiles and metal barriers, at a Paris protest they claimed was "against state violence and the extreme right. Footage from earlier in the afternoon shows rioters dismantling barricades and setting off flares, which apparently marked the point at which the demonstration turned violent. Police responded by firing tear gas into the crowd. It is unclear how many people, if any, were arrested. Saturday's protest played out against the backdrop of wider demonstrations against the government's Covid-19 restrictions and the strict French health pass system.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2021)
- History of France
- History of modern France
- Outline of France
- Government of France
- Politics of France
- Years in France
- Timeline of France history
- List of French films of 2021
Related timelines for current periodEdit
- "France bans far-right anti-migrant group Generation Identity". 3 March 2021.
- "Sophie Métadier : l'héritière de Sophie Auconie se lance vers la députation". Magcentre (in French). Retrieved 2021-03-22.
- "French MP and billionaire Olivier Dassault dies in helicopter crash". BBC News. 2021-03-07. Retrieved 2021-03-08.
- Samuel, Henry (26 April 2021). "Retired generals' warning of impending 'civil war' in France sparks political storm". The Telegraph.
- "Anger as ex-generals warn of 'deadly civil war' in France". BBC News. 27 April 2021.
- "Ex-generals face sanctions after they warn of 'civil war' in France". 28 April 2021.
- "French soldiers who warned of 'civil war' to face sanctions | DW | 29.04.2021". Deutsche Welle.
- "French soldiers to face military court over letter warning of 'civil war'". TheGuardian.com. 29 April 2021.
- "French protests call for 'freedom' amid government vaccine push". Reuters. 17 July 2021.
- "France wins Olympic Gold in Men's Volleyball". 7 August 2021.
- "France wins Olympic Gold in Women's Handball". 8 August 2021.
- "'Antifa' rioters attack cops at march against 'state violence' -".