2020–21 RFU Championship
|2020–21 Greene King IPA Championship|
|Date||4 September 2020 - 8 May 2021 (tentative)|
The playoff system to determine which team gets promoted to Premiership Rugby may return this season after being scrapped for three seasons. Promotion is subject to the club meeting the RFU Minimum Standards Criteria. The team that finishes last will be relegated to National League 1.
RFU Funding ChangeEdit
Yorkshire Carnegie were relegated to National League 1 after finishing bottom of the 2019-20 RFU Championship. They are replaced by Richmond who were promoted from 2019-20 National League 1 after just one year away from the Championship. Newcastle Falcons were promoted back to Premiership Rugby at the first attempt. They are replaced in the RFU Championship by Saracens who were relegated after finishing bottom of the 2019-20 Premiership Rugby table due to several points deductions throughout the season.
|Club||Played||Won||Drawn||Lost||Points for||Points against||Points diff||Tries for||Tries against||Try bonus||Losing bonus||Points|
|Green background is the promotion place. Pink background is the relegation place.|
Source: "Greene King IPA Championship". England Rugby.
Fixtures & ResultsEdit
- Note that points scorers includes tries as well as conversions, penalties and drop goals. Appearance figures also include coming on as substitutes (unused substitutes not included).
- "Update on RFU Funding of Greene King IPA Championship". Rugby Football Union. Retrieved 2020-02-11.
- "Update on RFU Funding of Greene King IPA Championship". Rugby Football Union. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "RFU funding cut update". London Scottish Rugby. 2020-02-28. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "PLANNING FOR NEXT SEASON". Nottingham Rugby. 2020-04-17. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "Saracens relegated from Premiership at end of 2019-20 season for salary cap breaches". 2020-01-19. Retrieved 2020-01-19.
- "Saracens: Edward Griffiths resigns as interim CEO as club docked further 70 points". BBC Sport. BBC. 28 January 2020. Retrieved 29 January 2020.