2019 UEFA Nations League Final
The 2019 UEFA Nations League Final was a football match that determined the winners of the final tournament of the 2018–19 UEFA Nations League. It was the inaugural final of the international football competition involving the men's national teams of the member associations of UEFA. The match was held on 9 June 2019 at the Estádio do Dragão in Porto, Portugal, and was contested by hosts Portugal and the Netherlands.
|Event||2019 UEFA Nations League Finals|
|Date||9 June 2019|
|Venue||Estádio do Dragão, Porto|
|Man of the Match||Rúben Dias (Portugal)|
|Referee||Alberto Undiano Mallenco (Spain)|
16 °C (61 °F)
Portugal won the final 1–0 to become the first champions of the UEFA Nations League.
Route to the finalEdit
Note: In all results below, the score of the finalist is given first (H: home; A: away).
|Italy||1–0 (H)||Match 1||France||1–2 (A)|
|Poland||3–2 (A)||Match 2||Germany||3–0 (H)|
|Italy||0–0 (A)||Match 3||France||2–0 (H)|
|Poland||1–1 (H)||Match 4||Germany||2–2 (A)|
|Group 3 winner
|Final standings||Group 1 winner
|Opponents||Result||Nations League Finals||Opponents||Result|
On 7 June 2019, UEFA announced the appointment of Spaniard Alberto Undiano Mallenco as referee for the final, in what would be his final match as a professional referee. He was joined by compatriots Roberto Alonso Fernández and Juan Yuste Jiménez as assistant referees, Antonio Mateu Lahoz as the fourth official, and Raúl Cabañero Martínez as the reserve official. Alejandro Hernández Hernández served as the video assistant referee and Juan Martínez Munuera as the assistant video assistant referee.
- Atkin, John (9 June 2019). "Portugal 1–0 Netherlands: Nations League final at a glance". UEFA.com. Porto: Union of European Football Associations. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Porto swansong for proud Undiano". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 7 June 2019. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Full Time Report – Final – Portugal v Netherlands" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 9 June 2019. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Tactical Line-ups – Final – Portugal v Netherlands" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 9 June 2019. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "UEFA Nations League receives associations' green light". UEFA.org. 27 March 2014.
- "UEFA Nations League 2018/19 League Phase draw". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 24 January 2018. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Porto city guide".
- "Porto stadium guide".
- "Men's Ranking".
- "Netherlands vs France".
- "Portugal vs Switzerland".
- "Netherlands vs England".
- "Regulations of the UEFA Nations League 2018/19" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 28 September 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Team statistics – Final – Portugal v Netherlands" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 9 June 2019. Retrieved 9 June 2019.