2019 Monaco Grand Prix
The 2019 Monaco Grand Prix (formally known as the Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2019) was a Formula One motor race held on 26 May 2019 at the Circuit de Monaco, a street circuit that runs through the Principality of Monaco. It was the sixth round of the 2019 Formula One World Championship, the seventy-seventh time that the Monaco Grand Prix was held, and the sixty-sixth time it was a round of the Formula One World Championship since the inception of the series in 1950.
|2019 Monaco Grand Prix|
Race 6 of 21 in the 2019 Formula One World Championship|
Layout of the Circuit de Monte Carlo, Monaco
|Date||26 May 2019|
|Official name||Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2019|
Circuit de Monaco|
La Condamine and Monte Carlo, Monaco
|Course length||3.337 km (2.073 mi)|
|Distance||78 laps, 260.286 km (161.734 mi)|
|Driver||Pierre Gasly||Red Bull Racing-Honda|
|Time||1:14.279 on lap 72|
The race was won by Lewis Hamilton after starting from pole, with Sebastian Vettel and Valtteri Bottas promoted to second and third place respectively after Max Verstappen received a penalty, demoting him to fourth place.
Championship standings before the raceEdit
Heading into the race Lewis Hamilton held a seven point lead over team mate Valtteri Bottas in the Drivers' Championship. In the Constructors' Championship it was Mercedes who held a 96 point advantage over Ferrari.
The drivers and teams were the same as the season entry list with no additional stand in drivers for either the race or practice. This race saw Alfa Romeo driver Kimi Räikkönen celebrate his 300th Grand Prix entry.
It was Lewis Hamilton who got pole position with a new qualifying lap record ahead of teammate Valtteri Bottas equaling the record for most front row lockouts. Max Verstappen qualifying in third, his highest qualifing of the year. The biggest shock of the session was local Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc, whose team Ferrari held in the garage late in Q1 to save tyres. Ferrari later admitted this was a team mistake.
|3||33||Max Verstappen||Red Bull Racing-Honda||1:11.597||1:10.618||1:10.641||3|
|5||10||Pierre Gasly||Red Bull Racing-Honda||1:11.740||1:11.457||1:11.041||81|
|8||26||Daniil Kvyat||Scuderia Toro Rosso-Honda||1:11.602||1:11.412||1:11.271||7|
|9||55||Carlos Sainz Jr.||McLaren-Renault||1:11.872||1:11.608||1:11.417||9|
|10||23||Alexander Albon||Scuderia Toro Rosso-Honda||1:12.007||1:11.429||1:11.653||10|
|14||7||Kimi Räikkönen||Alfa Romeo Racing-Ferrari||1:11.993||1:12.115||N/A||14|
|15||99||Antonio Giovinazzi||Alfa Romeo Racing-Ferrari||1:11.976||1:12.185||N/A||181|
|17||11||Sergio Pérez||Racing Point-BWT Mercedes||1:12.233||N/A||N/A||16|
|18||18||Lance Stroll||Racing Point-BWT Mercedes||1:12.846||N/A||N/A||17|
|107% time: 1:16.434|
- ^1 – Max Verstappen finished second, but received a 5-second penalty for an unsafe pit-stop release.
- ^2 – Includes one point for the fastest lap.
- ^3 – Romain Grosjean finished 9th, but received a 5-second penalty for crossing the pit exit line.
- ^4 – Kevin Magnussen finished 12th, but received a 5-second penalty for leaving the track and gaining an advantage.
- ^5 – Lance Stroll received a 5-second penalty for leaving the track and gaining an advantage.
Championship standings after the raceEdit
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "Lewis Hamilton holds Max Verstappen at bay to win Monaco Grand Prix". The Guardian. 26 May 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- "Spain 2019 - Championship • STATS F1". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- "2019 Monaco Grand Prix – Entry List". Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. 22 May 2019. Retrieved 22 May 2019.
- "Raikkonen at 300: Break for rallying key to long F1 career". www.formula1.com. 22 May 2019. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton beats Valtteri Bottas to pole position as Ferrari struggle". 25 May 2019. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- "Monaco • STATS F1". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- "Monaco Grand Prix: Qualifying Facts and Stats | Formula 1®". www.formula1.com. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- "Ferrari admit they misjudged the cut-off qualifying time for Leclerc | Formula 1®". www.formula1.com. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- "Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2019 – Qualifying". Formula One. 25 May 2019. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2019 – Starting Grid". Formula One. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2019 – Race Result". Formula One. Retrieved 26 May 2019.
- "Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2019 – Fastest Laps". Formula One. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Monaco 2019 - Championship". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 26 May 2019.
2019 Spanish Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
2019 Canadian Grand Prix
2018 Monaco Grand Prix
|Monaco Grand Prix||Next race:|
2020 Monaco Grand Prix
|This Formula One–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|