2019 Emirates Cup
The 2019 Emirates Cup was a pre-season football friendly tournament hosted by Arsenal at its home ground, the Emirates Stadium. It was the tenth Emirates Cup, an invitational competition inaugurated in 2007. Held on 28 July 2019, the participants were Arsenal (men's and women's), Bayern Munich (women's only) and Lyon (men's only). In this edition, a new one-day format was introduced, with Arsenal women competing for the first time.
|Teams||4 (from 1 confederation) (from 3 associations)|
|Venue(s)||1 (in 1 host city)|
Bayern Munich (women's)
|Runners-up||Arsenal (men's and women's each)|
|Goals scored||4 (2 per match)|
|Top scorer(s)||Moussa Dembélé (2 goals)|
The Emirates Cup was inaugurated in July 2007 after Arsenal finalised plans to stage a pre-season competition at its home ground. The competition is named after Arsenal's main sponsor Emirates; the airline's association with the football club began in 2004. Arsenal won the first tournament, which was attended by over 110,000 people across the two days.
The tournament began with Arsenal women's side took on Bayern Munich and concluded with the Arsenal men's side took on Lyon. Both games were played at the Emirates Stadium in London on 28 July 2019.
- "Emirates Cup to return this summer". Arsenal F.C. 20 May 2019. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "Valencia replace Hamburg at Emirates Cup". Arsenal F.C. 11 June 2007. Archived from the original on 29 June 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "The Emirates Cup". Emirates. Archived from the original on 5 April 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Arsenal FC and Emirates Stadium". Emirates. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Emirates Cup brings out the big guns". Al Bawaba. 21 April 2008. Archived from the original on 8 September 2017. Retrieved 8 September 2017.