2019 BUBBA Burger Sports Car Grand Prix
The 2019 BUBBA Burger Sports Car Grand Prix was a sports car race sanctioned by the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA). It was held at Long Beach street circuit in Long Beach, California on 13 April 2019. The race was the third round of the 2019 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
This event was run in conjunction with the Grand Prix of Long Beach in the IndyCar Series, held a day after the IMSA event, on 14 April.
On 4 April 2019, IMSA released a technical bulletin regarding the Balance of Performance for the race. In the Daytona Prototype International (DPi) class, the Acura ARX-05 was made 20 kilograms lighter, and received an increase in turbo boost, along with the Nissan DPi. The Mazda RT24-P was restricted in its boost, while being made five kilograms lighter. The Cadillac DPi-V.R, which won the previous two events of the 2019 season, was given a 10 kilogram increase. In GT Le Mans (GTLM), there were less significant changes. The Porsche 911 RSR was lightened by 10 kilograms, while the Ford GT had a slight reduction in boost.
On 3 April 2019, the entry list for the event was released, featuring 19 cars in total. There were 11 cars in the Daytona Prototype International class, and eight entries in GT Le Mans (GTLM). The Le Mans Prototype (LMP2) and GT Daytona (GTD) classes would not be participating in the event. There were few changes to the full-season lineups in either class. Kyle Kaiser, who joined the #50 Juncos Racing Cadillac DPi-V.R for the 24 Hours of Daytona, returned to the car alongside full-season driver Will Owen on a one-race deal. The Thursday before the race, it was announced one of Ford Chip Ganassi Racing's full-season drivers, Joey Hand, would be unable to compete due to suffering symptoms of the flu. His place would be taken by one of their endurance-event drivers, Sébastien Bourdais, who would also be competing in the IndyCar event.
Practice and qualifyingEdit
Pole positions in each class are indicated in bold and by .
|1||DPi||7||Acura Team Penske||Hélio Castroneves||1:11.332||—||1|
|2||DPi||31||Whelen Engineering Racing||Felipe Nasr||1:11.550||+0.218||2|
|3||DPi||6||Acura Team Penske||Juan Pablo Montoya||1:11.847||+0.515||3|
|4||DPi||5||Mustang Sampling Racing||João Barbosa||1:11.870||+0.538||4|
|5||DPi||55||Mazda Team Joest||Jonathan Bomarito||1:11.884||+0.552||111|
|6||DPi||77||Mazda Team Joest||Tristan Nunez||1:12.147||+0.815||5|
|7||DPi||10||Konica Minolta Cadillac||Jordan Taylor||1:12.312||+0.980||6|
|8||DPi||84||JDC-Miller Motorsports||Simon Trummer||1:12.455||+1.123||7|
|9||DPi||85||JDC-Miller Motorsports||Misha Goikhberg||1:12.650||+1.318||8|
|10||DPi||50||Juncos Racing||Kyle Kaiser||1:12.694||+1.362||9|
|11||DPi||54||CORE Autosport||Jon Bennett||1:13.389||+2.057||10|
|12||GTLM||911||Porsche GT Team||Nick Tandy||1:16.313||+4.981||12|
|13||GTLM||912||Porsche GT Team||Laurens Vanthoor||1:16.377||+5.045||13|
|14||GTLM||4||Corvette Racing||Oliver Gavin||1:16.520||+5.188||14|
|15||GTLM||66||Ford Chip Ganassi Racing||Sébastien Bourdais||1:16.662||+5.330||15|
|16||GTLM||3||Corvette Racing||Antonio Garcia||1:16.685||+5.353||16|
|17||GTLM||67||Ford Chip Ganassi Racing||Ryan Briscoe||1:16.874||+5.542||17|
|18||GTLM||25||BMW Team RLL||Tom Blomqvist||1:17.021||+5.689||18|
|19||GTLM||24||BMW Team RLL||John Edwards||1:17.236||+5.904||19|
- ^ Car number 55 was moved to the back of the DPi field as a result of Jonathan Bomarito's crash in Turn 6 during qualifying. A crack was found in the car's monocoque chassis which required the team to rebuild the car using the team's spare tub. In accordance with Article 23.5.3 of the IMSA Sporting Regulations the car was moved to the back of the starting grid in its class.
Class winners are denoted in bold and .
- Dagys, John (3 April 2019). "Acura DPi Gets BoP Break for Long Beach". sportscar365.com. John Dagys Media. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- Dagys, John (3 April 2019). "Kaiser Rejoins Juncos for Long Beach". sportscar365.com. John Dagys Media. Retrieved 3 April 2019.
- Klein, Jamie (11 April 2019). "Bourdais set for double IndyCar/IMSA duty at Long Beach". motorsport.com. Motorsport Network. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "BUBBA burger® Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach Qualifying Results" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-04-13.
- "BUBBA burger® Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach Race Official Starting Grid" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-04-13.
- Dagys, John (2019-04-19). "New Chassis for No. 55 Mazda DPi After Qualifying Accident". sportscar365.com. John Dagys Media, LLC. Retrieved 2019-04-13.
|WeatherTech SportsCar Championship|
12 Hours of Sebring
|2019 season||Next race:|
Sports Car Challenge of Mid-Ohio