2019–20 TFF First League
The 2019–20 TFF First League was the 19th season since the league was established in 2001 and 57th season of the second-level football league of Turkey since its establishment in 1963–64. The season began on 16 August 2019 and the regular season will be ended on 2 May 2020. Fixtures for the 2019–20 season were announced on 18 July 2019. On 12 March 2020, The Ministry of Youth and Sports announced matches will be played behind closed doors in the stadiums until the end of April due to the coronavirus pandemic. On 19 March 2020, the league was suspended. The league resumed behind closed doors on 19 June until 19 July 2020. The semi-finals were played on 22 and 26 July, then the final was played on 30 July 2020.
|Dates||16 August 2019 – 19 July 2020|
|Goals scored||786 (2.53 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Marco Paixão (22 goals)|
|Biggest home win||Ümraniyespor 4–0 Altınordu |
(26 October 2019)
İstanbulspor 4–0 Fatih Karagümrük
(29 November 2019)
|Biggest away win||Balıkesirspor 1–6 Adana Demirspor |
(20 January 2020)
Balıkesirspor 0–5 İstanbulspor
(16 February 2020)
Balıkesirspor 0–5 Fatih Karagümrük
(2 July 2020)
|Highest scoring||Akhisarspor 4–3 İstanbulspor |
(7 December 2019)
Balıkesirspor 1–6 Adana Demirspor
(20 January 2020)
Akhisarspor 3–4 Fatih Karagümrük
(18 July 2020)
Osmanlıspor 4–3 Balıkesirspor
(19 July 2020)
|Longest winning run||Hatayspor |
|Longest unbeaten run||Fatih Karagümrük |
|Longest winless run||Boluspor |
|Longest losing run||Eskişehirspor |
2020–21 →All statistics correct as of 30 July 2020.
- Akhisarspor, BB Erzurumspor and Bursaspor relegated from 2018–19 Süper Lig.
- Denizlispor, Gençlerbirliği and Gazişehir Gaziantep promoted to 2019–20 Süper Lig.
- Afjet Afyonspor, Elazığspor and Kardemir Karabükspor relegated to 2019–20 TFF Second League.
- Keçiörengücü, Menemenspor and Fatih Karagümrük promoted from 2018–19 TFF Second League.
Stadiums and locationsEdit
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts||Qualification or relegation|
|1||Hatayspor (C, P)||34||19||9||6||48||28||+20||66||Promotion to the Süper Lig|
|2||BB Erzurumspor (P)||34||18||8||8||41||25||+16||62|
|3||Adana Demirspor||34||17||10||7||68||44||+24||61||Qualification for the Süper Lig Playoffs|
|5||Fatih Karagümrük (P)||34||15||11||8||53||39||+14||56|
Rules for classification: 1) Points; 2) Head-to-head points; 3) Head-to-head goal difference; 4) Head-to-head goals scored; 5) Goal difference; 6) Goals scored
(C) Champion; (P) Promoted.
Positions by roundEdit
The table lists the positions of teams after each week of matches. In order to preserve chronological evolvements, any postponed matches are not included to the round at which they were originally scheduled, but added to the full round they were played immediately afterwards.
|Champion, Promotion to Süper Lig|
|Promotion to Süper Lig|
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Team 1||Score||Team 2|
|Adana Demirspor||1–1 (5–6 p)||Fatih Karagümrük|
- As of matches played 19 July 2020
|Erkan Zengin||Adana Demirspor|
|Mertan Caner Öztürk||Osmanlıspor|
|Mehmet Akyüz||Adana Demirspor|
- "Süper Lig ne zaman başlayacak 2019-2020 sezonu". milliyet.com.tr (in Turkish). 3 May 2019. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- "Profesyonel liglerde 2019-2020 sezonu başlangıç tarihleri belli oldu". tff.org (in Turkish). 3 May 2019. Archived from the original on 8 May 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "TFF 1. Lig fikstürü çekildi". tff.org (in Turkish). 18 July 2019. Archived from the original on 12 August 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Türkiye'de o tarihe kadar tüm spor müsabakaları seyircisiz oynanacak" (in Turkish). Hürriyet. 12 March 2020. Retrieved 12 March 2020.
- "Süper Lig'de maçlar ertelendi!" (in Turkish). Hürriyet. 19 March 2020. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- "TFF 1. Lig Gol Krallığı". TFF. Retrieved 7 July 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- (in Turkish and English) Turkish Football Federation PTT 1. League