Events in the year 2018 in Cuba.
- 11 March – the 2018 Cuban parliamentary election is held.
- 19 April – Miguel Díaz-Canel is sworn in as President of the Council of State, marking the first time since 1959 that neither Castro brother is leading Cuba. Raúl Castro remained the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba, the most senior position in the one-party socialist state.
- 21 April – Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro is the first foreign leader to meet with President Miguel Díaz-Canel.
- 18 May – Cubana de Aviación Flight 972 crashes shortly after takeoff from the José Martí International Airport, killing all but one of the 113 people on board.
- 1 February – Fidel Castro Díaz-Balart, nuclear physicist and government official (b. 1949)
- 4 March – José Triana, 87, Cuban poet.
- 16 March – Milán Matos, 68, Cuban long jumper.
- "Raul Castro to lead Cuba's Communist Party until 2021". FRANCE 24. 19 April 2018.
"I confirm to this assembly that Raul Castro, as first secretary of the Communist Party, will lead the decisions about the future of the country," Diaz-Canel said.
- "Underlining alliance, Venezuela's Maduro visits new Cuban leader". 21 April 2018.
- Ranter, Harro. "ASN Aircraft accident Boeing 737-201 Adv. XA-UHZ Havana-José Martí International Airport (HAV)". aviation-safety.net. Retrieved 2019-02-24.
- "Rudy Arias, member of the 1959 Go-Go White Sox, dies at 86". www.baseballhappenings.net. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- Muere el triplista Pedro Pérez Dueñas, primer recordista mundial cubano (in Spanish)