2018 Scottish Rally Championship
|2018 Scottish Rally Championship|
For season 2018 there was to be seven events held predominantly on gravel surfaces.
Border Counties Rally: On 2 March it was announced by press release that the 2018 event would be postponed. This was due to severe winter weather in the area on the weekend prior to the expected date of 10 March that would impede the stage preparation. Organisers were in talks with the SRC to make alternative arrangements however no date could be agreed and the event was abandoned for 2018.
|1||10 Feb||Snowman Rally||Inverness||Gravel / Snow||(website)|
|-||Cancelled||Border Counties Rally||Jedburgh||Gravel||(website)|
|2||21 Apr||Speyside Stages Rally||Elgin||Gravel||(website)|
|3||19 May||RSAC Scottish Rally||Dumfries||Gravel||(website)|
|4||23 Jun||Argyll Rally||Dunoon||Gravel||(website)|
|5||11 Aug||Grampian Stages Rally||Banchory||Gravel||(website)|
|6||8 Sep||Galloway Hills Rally||Castle Douglas||Gravel||(website)|
2018 events podiumEdit
|Round||Rally name||Podium finishers|
|Placing||Driver / Co-Driver||Car||Time /|
|1||Andrew Gallacher / Jane Nicol||Ford Focus WRC||46:28|
|2||Quintin Milne / Sean Donnelly||Subaru Impreza WRC||+0:06|
|3||Donnie Macdonald / Andrew Falconer||Ford Fiesta R5||+0:20|
|-||Border Counties Rally
|1||David Bogie / John Rowan||Skoda Fabia R5||38:34|
|2||Jock Armstrong / Cameron Fair||Subaru Impreza||+1:16|
|3||Freddie Milne / Patrick Walsh||Subaru Impreza WRC||+2:00|
|3||RSAC Scottish Rally
|1||David Bogie / Kevin Rae||Skoda Fabia R5||42:38|
|2||Mark McCulloch / Michael Hendry||Ford Fiesta R5||+1:11|
|3||Rory Young / Paul Beaton||Ford Fiesta R5||+1:30|
|1||Andrew Gallacher / Jane Nicol||Ford Focus WRC||41:16|
|2||Donnie Macdonald / Jamie Edwards||Ford Fiesta R5||+0:05|
|3||Bruce McCombie / Michael Coutts||Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX||+0:32|
|5||Grampian Stages Rally
|1||Barry McKenna / Arthur Kierans[N 1]||Ford Fiesta R5||41:30|
|2||Jock Armstrong / Cameron Fair||Subaru Impreza||+0:56|
|3||Gary Pearson / Dale Bowen||Ford Fiesta R5||+1:11|
|6||Galloway Hills Rally
|1||David Bogie / John Rowan||Skoda Fabia R5||38:04|
|2||Gary Pearson / Dale Bowen||Ford Fiesta R5||+0:45|
|3||Jonny Greer / Liam Regan [N 1]||Ford Fiesta R5||+0:51|
- Crew was not registered to score points towards the Scottish Rally Championship.
Drivers Points ClassificationEdit
Points are awarded to the highest placed registered driver on each event as follows: 30, 28, 27, 26, and so on down to 1 point. At the end of the Championship, competitors will count their best 5 scores out of the 6 events as his/her final overall Championship score.
- "SRC homepage". SRC. SRC. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "ARR Craib extend Scottish Rally Championship sponsorship into sixth consecutive year". SRC. SRC. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Watch Thorburn take the Scottish Rally Championship Crown". Daily Record. Daily Record. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "Bogie wins as Gallacher becomes Scottish Rally Champion". SRC. SRC. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- "SRC calendar revealed for 2018". SRC. SRC. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "Event Statement 2". Border Counties Rally. Border Counties Rally. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
- "Rally Results from Scotland & Beyond..." FlyingFinish.co.uk. Flying Finish. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Current Standings". SRC. Scottish Rally Championship. Retrieved 10 February 2018.