2018 Peach Bowl (January)
The 2018 Peach Bowl was a college football bowl game played on January 1, 2018, between the UCF Knights and the Auburn Tigers. It was the 50th edition of the Peach Bowl, and the first Peach Bowl to be played in Mercedes-Benz Stadium, after spending the previous 25 editions in the now demolished Georgia Dome. The 50th Peach Bowl was one of the College Football Playoff New Year's Six bowl games, and was one of the 2017–18 bowl games concluding the 2017 FBS football season. Sponsored by the Chick-fil-A restaurant franchise, the game was officially known as the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.
|2018 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl|
|CFP New Year’s Six|
50th Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
The field prior to the game
|Date||January 1, 2018|
|MVP||McKenzie Milton (QB, UCF) & Shaquem Griffin (LB, UCF)|
|Favorite||Auburn by 10.5|
|Referee||Brandon Cruse (Big XII)|
|Payout||US$6,000,000 per team|
|United States TV coverage|
|Network||ESPN and ESPN Radio|
|Announcers||Dave Flemming, Brock Huard, and Allison Williams (ESPN) Tom Hart, Jordan Rodgers and Cole Cubelic (ESPN Radio)|
Entering the game, the Tigers led the all-time series with the Knights, 3–0; the most recent matchup saw the Tigers defeat the Golden Knights (as the Knights were then known as) by a score of 28–10 on November 6, 1999, in Auburn.
McKenzie Milton had a breakout game for the UCF Knights with 245 passing yards throwing for two touchdowns and a rushing touchdown. Jarrett Stidham had 331 passing yards throwing for one touchdown with two interceptions. UCF had 411 total yards compared to Auburn Tigers 421 total yards. However, the Tigers had three turnovers with Knights only having one. Shaquem Griffin had 12 tackles and one and a half sacks in the win for the Knights. Griffin was later named the game's defensive MVP, with Milton the offensive MVP.
|No. 12 Knights||0||13||7||14||34|
|No. 7 Tigers||3||3||14||7||27|
|Time of possession||25:45||34:15|
|UCF||Passing||McKenzie Milton||16/35, 242 yds, 2 TD|
|Rushing||McKenzie Milton||13 car, 116 yds, 1 TD|
|Receiving||Tre'Quan Smith||5 rec, 89 yds|
|AUB||Passing||Jarrett Stidham||28/43, 331 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT|
|Rushing||Kerryon Johnson||23 car, 71 yds, 1 TD|
|Receiving||Ryan Davis||8 rec, 47 yds|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2018 Peach Bowl.|
- Romero, Iliana Limón (December 5, 2017). "Scott Frost to coach UCF in Peach Bowl despite Knights' hire of his replacement". Orlando Sentinel.
- "Recap: Central Florida 34, Auburn 27". VegasInsider.com. Retrieved January 4, 2018.
- Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl [@CFAPeachBowl] (January 1, 2018). "Today's attendance: 71,109 That's the 19th #CFAPeachBowl sellout in 21 games. THANK YOU, FANS! pic.twitter.com/1TD8SOnbja" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- The Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and the College Football Playoff. Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.
- About the College Football Playoff. ESPN.
- "UCF Football 2017 Media Guide" (PDF). UCF Knights. pp. 71–80. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 11, 2017.
- "Auburn Football 2017 Media Guide" (PDF). Auburn Tigers. pp. 181–185. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 11, 2017.
- "Milton powers No. 10 UCF to 34-27 Peach Bowl win over Auburn". New York Daily News. Associated Press. January 1, 2018.