|Goals scored||491 (2.08 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Mabululu (14)|
|Biggest home win||D'Agosto 5–0 Sta Rita (01 Dec 2018)|
|Biggest away win||Sporting 0–3 Progresso (03 Nov 2018)|
ASA 0–3 1º Agosto (22 Nov 2018)
|Highest scoring||C.Cubango 3–4 Sta Rita (30 Dec 2018)|
|Longest winning run||Desportivo (7) (18 Dec–26 Jan)|
|Longest unbeaten run||1º Agosto (30) (30 Oct–19 May)|
|Longest winless run||Sporting (15) (29 Dec–3 Apr)|
|Longest losing run||(4)Six teams|
2019–20 →All statistics correct as of 19 May 2019.
The league comprises 16 teams, the bottom three of which will be relegated to the 2020 Provincial stages.
In the 13th round match between Saurimo FC and ASA, the home team goal-keeper Anselmo, felt confident enough to leave his goal unguarded and shoot a free kick that had been awarded for his team, 25 minutes into the game. His confidence paid off as he scored the only goal in the home team's 1-0 win, something unheard of in Angolan football.
On the other hand, Domant FC, J.G.M. and Primeiro de Maio were the last three teams of the 2018 season and will play in their respective provincial leagues seeking qualification for the 2019–20 2nd division qualifiers. Clube Desportivo Primeiro de Agosto are the defending champions from the 2018 season.
Changes from 2018 seasonEdit
- As a result of a match-fixing investigation launched by the Angolan Football Federation (FAF) on the 17th round match between Desportivo da Huila and 1º de Agosto, each team forfeited 3 points and a $5,000 fine.
- Kabuscorp do Palanca forfeited 9 points, for failing to address payment claims by a total 6 former employees (including players, technical and medical staff), following a 15-day deadline stipulated by FAF.
- Bravos do Maquis forfeited 3 points, for failing to address payment claims by former player Silvino Assete, following a 15-day deadline stipulated by FAF.
The Angolan Football Federation was instructed by FIFA to relegate Kabuscorp for failing to meet payment claims by former player Rivaldo. Even though the debt has reportedly been paid in full, Kabuscorp failed to pay within the established deadline. The club faced a second relegation penalty regarding their dispute with TP Mazembe
Stadiums and locationsEdit
- In major/risky matches such as those involving 1º de Agosto, Petro de Luanda and Kabuscorp, they play at the Estádio de Ombaka as their home court.
- Cuando Cubango FC played their home games in the city of Kuito as their home court in Menongue is undergoing some repairs after being ruled unfit by a FAF inspection.
- Formerly Bikuku FC
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts||Qualification or relegation[a]|
|1||Primeiro de Agosto[b] (C)||30||20||10||0||51||9||+42||67||Qualification for Champions League|
|2||Petro de Luanda||30||19||7||4||40||15||+25||64|
|3||Desportivo da Huíla[b]||30||15||8||7||36||25||+11||50|
|4||Kabuscorp[c] (R)||30||13||10||7||35||26||+9||49||Relegation to Provincial stages|
|7||Progresso do Sambizanga||30||9||13||8||33||29||+4||40|
|8||Recreativo do Libolo||30||10||9||11||31||30||+1||39|
|9||Recreativo da Caála||30||8||13||9||30||34||−4||37|
|10||Bravos do Maquis[d]||30||7||15||8||28||28||0||33|
|11||Santa Rita de Cássia||30||8||8||14||32||41||−9||32|
|12||Académica do Lobito||30||7||10||13||23||29||−6||31|
|13||Sporting de Cabinda||30||6||12||12||30||43||−13||30|
|14||Cuando Cubango FC[e]||30||6||8||16||30||51||−21||26[f]|
|15||ASA (R)||30||5||11||14||26||48||−22||26[f]||Relegation to Provincial stages|
|16||Saurimo FC (R)||30||5||6||19||20||47||−27||21|
Rules for classification: 1) Points; 2) Head-to-head points; 3) Goal difference; 4) Head-to-head goal difference; 5) Goals scored; 6) Fair-play points; 7) Play-off.
(C) Champion; (R) Relegated.
- No teams enter the Confederation Cup. Desportivo da Huíla are Angola Cup runners-up (Primeiro de Agosto are cup winners) but declined to participate, while Kabuscorp were relegated and thus not eligible.
- Primeiro de Agosto and Desportivo da Huíla forfeited 3 points on suspicion of match-fixing on the 17th round match.
- Kabuscorp had forfeited 9 points as a result of payment default. On appeal, after the plaintiffs dropped their claims, all points were restored. Regarding their dispute with former player Rivaldo, the club was ordered to be relegated by FIFA for failing to pay the outstanding debt within the established deadline.
- Bravos do Maquis forfeited 3 points as a result of payment default.
- Cuando Cubango FC were originally relegated, but remained in Girabola due to Kabuscorp's relegation.
- Head-to-head results: C.Cubango 2, ASA 1; ASA 2 C.Cubango 2.
Positions by roundEdit
|Leader (2019–20 CAF Champions League)|
|Runner-up (2019–20 CAF Champions League)|
|3rd place (2019–20 CAF Confederation Cup)|
|Relegation to 2020 Provincial stages|
Clubs season progressEdit
- Académica Lobito was awarded a 0-3 loss by default in its round 13 match against Recreativo do Libolo.
- ASA was awarded a 0-3 loss by default in its round 16 match against Sagrada Esperança.
- Recreativo da Caála was awarded a 0-3 loss by default in its inaugural match against Santa Rita de Cássia.
- Saurimo FC was awarded a 0-3 loss by default in its round 6 match against Recreativo da Caála.
- As of 19 May 2019
|1||Mabululu||1º de Agosto||22(4)||14|
|2||Azulão||Petro de Luanda||25(1)||13|
|3||Chico||Bravos do Maquis||27(2)|
|4||Lionel||Desportivo da Huíla||26(2)||12|
|6||Tony||Petro de Luanda||21(7)||9|
|Tony||Petro de Luanda||Progresso Sambizanga||3-0 (H)||15||29 January 2019|
|Kaya||Rec do Libolo||Cuando Cubango FC||3-1 (H)||15||2 February 2019|
|Chico||Bravos do Maquis||Sta Rita de Cássia||3-2 (H)||18||9 March 2019|
|Azulão||Petro de Luanda||Kabuscorp||1-4 (A)||24||13 April 2019|
|2018–19 Girabola winner|
Clube Desportivo Primeiro de Agosto
Neblú, Nsesani, Tony Cabaça (GK)
Bobo, Bonifácio, Dani, Isaac, Mingo Bile, Natael, Paizo, Yisa (DF)
Aquino, Ary Papel, Buá, Cirilo, Kila, Macaia, Mário, Mongo, Nelson, Show (MF)
Dago, Mabululu, Melono, Vanilson, Zito (FW)
Dragan Jović (Head Coach)
- Angola 2018/19, RSSSF.com
- "Girabola2018/19: Saurimo FC - ASA (ficha técnica)" (in Portuguese). ANGOP Angolan News Agency. 21 Jan 2019. Retrieved 22 Jan 2019.
- "1º de Agosto Club express outrage, to appeal against Federation's decision". ANGOP Angolan News Agency. 2 Apr 2019.
- "FIFA: Angola's Kabuscorp Sport Clube do Palanca to suffer relegation". Kingfut.com. 3 May 2019.
- "Sports Ministry requests FAF to intervene in Kabuscorp's FIFA sanction". ANGOP Angolan News Agency. 6 May 2019.
- "Angolan Football Federation relegates Kabuscorp to second division". ANGOP Angolan News Agency. 30 May 2019. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- "Comunicado Oficial Nº22/19" (PDF) (in Portuguese). faf.co.ao. Retrieved 6 Jun 2019.
- "Futebol: Desportivo da Huíla desiste da Taça da Confederação" (in Portuguese). ANGOP Angolan News Agency. 3 Jun 2019. Retrieved 4 Jun 2019.
- "Comunicado Oficial Nº13/19" (PDF). faf.co.ao. Retrieved 29 March 2019.
- "Comunicado Oficial Nº19/19" (PDF). faf.co.ao. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "Calendário de Jogos do Girabola". Girabola.com. Retrieved 7 Nov 2018.
- "Girabola: Petro - Progresso (ficha técnica)" (in Portuguese). ANGOP.com. 29 Jan 2019.
- "Girabola2018/19: FC Bravos do Maquis - Santa Rita de Cássia (Ficha técnica)" (in Portuguese). ANGOP.com. 9 Mar 2019.