2017 dengue outbreak in Peshawar
In the 2017 dengue outbreak in Peshawar, Pakistan, hundreds of incidents of dengue fever were reported in Peshawar in mid-2017. Initially, according to the health department of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 4,320 suspected cases were received by Khyber Teaching Hospital Peshawar and 831 were positive. About a dozen people died of dengue, starting in July. Punjab healthcare experts and Peshawar experts worked together to control the dengue epidemic, using health workers going door-to-door to educate residents, as well as fumigation of the city to suppress mosquito populations.
- "Emergency meeting called over Peshawar dengue outbreak". www.dawn.com.
- "Dengue continues to ring alarm bells in Peshawar". pakobserver.net.
- "Dengue hits Peshawar". pakobserver.net.
- "Dengue experts to stay in Peshawar". www.dawn.com.
- "Punjab dengue experts leave for Peshawar". reliefweb.int.