2017 Scottish Cup Final
The 2017 Scottish Cup Final was the 132nd final of the Scottish Cup and the final of the 2016–17 Scottish Cup, the most prestigious knockout football competition in Scotland. The match took place at Hampden Park on 27 May 2017 and was contested by Celtic and Aberdeen.
|Event||2016–17 Scottish Cup|
|Date||27 May 2017|
|Venue||Hampden Park, Glasgow|
Route to the finalEdit
|Fourth round||Albion Rovers||Excelsior Stadium||3–0|
|Fifth round||Inverness CT||Celtic Park||6–0|
|Quarter-final||St Mirren||Celtic Park||4–1|
|Fifth round||Ross County||Victoria Park||1–0|
Jonny Hayes opened the scoring for Aberdeen in the 9th minute with a low left foot volley from seven yards out after a corner from the right by Niall McGinn. Two minutes later Stuart Armstrong made it 1-1 with a left foot shot to the right corner from just outside the penalty area. In the 92nd minute, Tom Rogic got the winning goal when he received the ball 40 yards out and made his way into the right side of the penalty area before clipping the ball with his right foot over the goalkeeper from three yards out from a tight angle.
|Celtic||2 – 1||Aberdeen|
- 90 minutes
- 30 minutes of extra time if necessary
- Penalty shoot-out if scores still level
- Seven named substitutes
- Maximum of three substitutions in normal time (a fourth substitution may be made in extra time)
- "Celtic 2 Aberdeen 1". BBC Sport. 27 May 2017. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Celtic 2 - 1 Aberdeen: Celtic complete treble and make history". The Scotsman. 27 May 2017. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Celtic 2-1 Aberdeen: Tom Rogic hits dramatic stoppage time winner to secure Scottish Cup glory". Daily Mail. 27 May 2017. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Celtic 2 Aberdeen 1: Tom Rogic shatters Dons to secure historic clean sweep with Scottish Cup final win". The Telegraph. 27 May 2017. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Celtic 2 Aberdeen 1: as it happened". Guardian. 27 May 2017. Retrieved 31 May 2017.