2017 Clipsal 500 Adelaide(Redirected from 2017 Clipsal 500)
The 2017 Clipsal 500 Adelaide was a motor racing event for Supercars that was held on the weekend of 3 to 5 March 2017. The event was run at the Adelaide Street Circuit in Adelaide, South Australia, and was the nineteenth running of the Adelaide 500. It was the first event of fourteen in the 2017 Supercars Championship and consisted of two races of 250 kilometres. It was to be the last time Clipsal would be title sponsor for the event, having been so since 2000.
|Round 1 of 14 in the 2017 Supercars Championship|
Layout of the Adelaide Street Circuit
|Date||3–5 March 2017|
|Location||Adelaide, South Australia|
|Venue||Adelaide Street Circuit|
Shane van Gisbergen won both 250 kilometres races.
The event reverted to the two-race format last used in 2013, with organisers citing the format's popularity as the reason for its reintroduction. The top ten shootout will also be re-introduced for qualifying for the Saturday race.
|Practice 1||Friday||88||Jamie Whincup||Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden VF Commodore||1:20.4006|
|Practice 2||Friday||17||Scott McLaughlin||DJR Team Penske||Ford FG X Falcon||1:19.8355|
|Practice 3||Saturday||88||Jamie Whincup||Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden VF Commodore||1:19.7649|
Top 10 Shootout, Race 1Edit
|1||97||Shane van Gisbergen||Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden VF Commodore||1:19.5723|
|2||12||Fabian Coulthard||DJR Team Penske||Ford FG X Falcon||+0.0442|
|3||55||Chaz Mostert||Prodrive Racing Australia||Ford FG X Falcon||+0.2964|
|4||22||James Courtney||Walkinshaw Racing||Holden VF Commodore||+0.4209|
|5||5||Mark Winterbottom||Prodrive Racing Australia||Ford FG X Falcon||+0.4453|
|6||17||Scott McLaughlin||DJR Team Penske||Ford FG X Falcon||+0.4851|
|7||88||Jamie Whincup||Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden VF Commodore||+0.5881|
|8||15||Rick Kelly||Nissan Motorsport||Nissan L33 Altima||+0.7821|
|9||6||Cameron Waters||Prodrive Racing Australia||Ford FG X Falcon||+0.8062|
|10||9||David Reynolds||Erebus Motorsport||Holden VF Commodore||+0.9106|
Top 10 Shootout, Race 2Edit
|1||97||Shane van Gisbergen||Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden VF Commodore||1:19.7544|
|2||12||Fabian Coulthard||DJR Team Penske||Ford FG X Falcon||+0.0271|
|3||17||Scott McLaughlin||DJR Team Penske||Ford FG X Falcon||+0.1306|
|4||55||Chaz Mostert||Prodrive Racing Australia||Ford FG X Falcon||+0.4691|
|5||22||James Courtney||Walkinshaw Racing||Holden VF Commodore||+0.5029|
|6||8||Nick Percat||Brad Jones Racing||Holden VF Commodore||+0.6592|
|7||6||Cameron Waters||Prodrive Racing Australia||Ford FG X Falcon||+0.9845|
|8||33||Garth Tander||Garry Rogers Motorsport||Holden VF Commodore||+0.9973|
|9||14||Tim Slade||Brad Jones Racing||Holden VF Commodore||+33.2215|
|DSQ||88||Jamie Whincup||Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden VF Commodore|
- ^1 — Scott Pye received a two-place grid penalty for impeding Jason Bright during qualifying for Race 2.
- ^2 — Simona de Silvestro received a two-place grid penalty for impeding Nick Percat during qualifying for Race 2. However, due to the fact that the offending driver could only be moved down one grid spot, the remainder of the penalty will be served at the next championship round, the 2017 Tyrepower Tasmania SuperSprint.
Championship standings after the eventEdit
- After Race 2 of 26. Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "Supercars releases 2017 calendar". supercars.com. Virgin Australia Supercars Championship. 27 September 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Clipsal drop Adelaide 500 event sponsorship". Speedcafe. 28 November 2016.
- Bartholomaeus, Stefan (8 October 2016). "Format change for Clipsal 500 Adelaide". speedcafe.com. Speedcafe. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Format changes confirmed at Supercars events". speedcafe.com. Speedcafe. 19 January 2017. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "SVG pips McLaughlin in Clipsal qualifying". speedcafe.com. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "SVG claims Armor All pole in Adelaide". speedcafe.com. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "SVG makes perfect start to title defence". speedcafe.com. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "SVG edges Whincup to provisional Clipsal pole". speedcafe.com. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "Van Gisbergen storms to Race 2 pole". speedcafe.com. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "SVG denies McLaughlin breakthrough DJRTP victory". speedcafe.com. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "CAMS Stewards Summary: Adelaide". supercars.com. Supercars. 5 March 2017.