2016 Chinese Super League
The 2016 Ping An Chinese Football Association Super League (Chinese: 2016中国平安中国足球协会超级联赛) was the 13th season since the establishment of the Chinese Super League. The league title sponsor was Ping An Insurance. Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao won their sixth consecutive title of the league.
|Champions||Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao|
Shijiazhuang Ever Bright
|AFC Champions League||Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao|
Shanghai Greenland Shenhua
|Goals scored||640 (2.67 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Ricardo Goulart (19 goals)|
|Best goalkeeper||Zeng Cheng (10 clean sheets)|
|Biggest home win||Shanghai SIPG 5-0 Henan Jianye|
(Jul 10th, 2016)
|Biggest away win||Shijiazhuang Ever Bright 0-6 Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao|
(Oct 15th, 2016)
|Highest scoring||Chongqing Lifan 4-5 Guangzhou R&F (Aug 21st, 2016) (9 goals)|
|Longest winning run||Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao|
|Longest unbeaten run||Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao|
|Longest winless run||Chongqing Lifan|
|Longest losing run||Hebei China Fortune|
Beijing Guoan 0-3 Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao
(Apr 9th, 2016)
Hangzhou Greentown 0-1 Guangzhou R&F
(Jun 11th, 2016)
2017 →All statistics correct as of 30 October 2016.
The run-up to the season saw clubs spend £200 million on players.
Clubs promoted from 2015 China League One
Clubs relegated to 2016 China League One
Clubs and locationsEdit
The number of foreign players is restricted to five per CSL team, including a slot for a player from AFC countries, although only four (one AFC countries player at least) can be on the field at any one time.
Last updated: 16 July 2016.
Source: sports.ifeng.com (in Chinese)
- ^1 Foreign players who left their clubs or were sent to reserve team after first half of the season.
- ^2 Ersan Gülüm has Australian citizenship and was counted as an Asian player in the Chinese Super League
- ^3 Jucilei has Palestine citizenship and was counted as an Asian player in the Chinese Super League
Hong Kong/Macau/Taiwan outfield players (Contracts signed before 1 January 2016 doesn't count on the foreign or Asian player slot in CSL)
|Club||Player 1||Player 2|
|Changchun Yatai||Yaki Yen||Jack Sealy|
|Hangzhou Greentown||Chen Po-liang|
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts||Qualification or relegation|
|1||Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao (C)||30||19||7||4||62||19||+43||64||Qualification to Champions League group stage|
|3||Shanghai SIPG||30||14||10||6||56||32||+24||52||Qualification to Champions League play-off round|
|4||Shanghai Greenland Shenhua[a]||30||12||12||6||46||31||+15||48|
|7||Hebei China Fortune||30||11||7||12||34||38||−4||40|
|14||Shandong Luneng Taishan||30||9||7||14||38||45||−7||34|
|15||Hangzhou Greentown (R)||30||8||8||14||28||37||−9||32||Relegation to League One|
|16||Shijiazhuang Ever Bright (R)||30||7||9||14||28||53||−25||30|
Rules for classification: 1) Points; 2) Head-to-head points; 3) Head-to-head goal difference; 4) Head-to-head goals scored; 5) Reserve league points; 6) Goal difference; 7) Goals scored; 8) Disciplinary points (1 point for each yellow card, 3 points for each red card)
(C) Champion; (R) Relegated.
|Home \ Away||GZE||SSI||SD||BJ||HN||SGS||SJZ||CQ||JSS||CC||HZ||LN||TJ||GZF||YB||HBC|
|Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao||1–1||4–0||0–0||2–1||2–1||0–0||4–1||2–0||3–0||0–0||6–2||2–0||2–0||1–1||2–0|
|Shandong Luneng Taishan||0–2||0–0||0–2||0–0||0–1||4–0||1–1||2–1||1–1||4–1||3–2||2–3||2–3||3–1||1–0|
|Beijing Sinobo Guoan||0–3||2–1||1–2||3–1||2–1||0–0||1–2||1–2||2–0||1–0||0–0||0–0||3–1||3–0||0–2|
|Shanghai Greenland Shenhua||2–1||2–1||0–0||0–0||2–2||3–1||2–2||3–2||3–0||4–0||2–1||2–2||5–1||1–1||2–0|
|Shijiazhuang Ever Bright||0–6||1–2||2–1||1–1||1–0||2–1||1–1||1–6||3–2||1–0||0–1||2–2||3–2||1–3||1–1|
|Hebei China Fortune||0–3||0–2||2–1||0–1||4–3||2–2||1–1||1–1||1–1||2–1||0–0||0–0||1–0||0–2||1–0|
Updated to games played on 30 October 2016.
Source: Results on the official website of the Chinese Super League (in Chinese)
1 ^ The home team is listed in the left-hand column.
Colours: Blue = home team win; Yellow = draw; Red = away team win.
Positions by roundEdit
To preserve chronological evolvements, any postponed matches are not included to the round at which they were originally scheduled, but added to the full round they were played immediately afterwards. For example, if a match is scheduled for round 7, but then played between rounds 8 and 9, it will be added to the standings for round 8.
|Leader and qualification to AFC Champions League Group stage|
|Qualification to AFC Champions League Group stage|
|Qualification to AFC Champions League Play-off round|
|Relegation to League One|
|Marcelo Moreno||Changchun Yatai||Tianjin Teda||4–4||3 April 2016|||
|Demba Ba||Shanghai Greenland Shenhua||Shijiazhuang Ever Bright||3–1||3 April 2016|||
|Demba Ba||Shanghai Greenland Shenhua||Hangzhou Greentown||4–0||19 June 2016|||
|Wu Lei||Shanghai SIPG||Guangzhou R&F||3–3||31 July 2016|||
|Alex Teixeira||Jiangsu Suning||Shijiazhuang Ever Bright||6–1||11 September 2016|||
|Eran Zahavi||Guangzhou R&F||Hangzhou Greentown||5–2||16 October 2016|||
|1||Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao||673,243||48,956||30,765||44,883||−2.2%|
|3||Beijing Sinobo Guoan||571,704||53,080||31,801||38,114||−7.0%|
|6||Shanghai Greenland Shenhua||340,353||24,185||19,692||22,690||+16.3%|
|7||Shijiazhuang Ever Bright||337,839||26,261||17,909||22,523||−10.2%|
|11||Shandong Luneng Taishan||283,987||31,531||12,655||18,932||−16.1%|
|12||Hebei China Fortune||277,034||24,631||11,076||18,469||+135.8%
The awards of 2016 Chinese Super League were announced on 5 November 2016.
- Chinese Football Association Footballer of the Year: Ricardo Goulart (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao)
- Chinese Super League Golden Boot Winner: Ricardo Goulart (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao)
- Chinese Super League Domestic Golden Boot Award: Wu Lei (Shanghai SIPG)
- Chinese Football Association Goalkeeper of the Year: Zeng Cheng (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao)
- Chinese Football Association Young Player of the Year: Li Xiaoming (Henan Jianye)
- Chinese Football Association Manager of the Year: Luiz Felipe Scolari (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao)
- Chinese Football Association Referee of the Year: Ma Ning
- Chinese Super League Fair Play Award: Shandong Luneng Taishan, Tianjin Teda
- Chinese Super League Team of the Year (442):
- GK Zeng Cheng (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao)
- DF Zhang Linpeng (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Kim Young-Gwon (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Feng Xiaoting (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Jiang Zhipeng (Guangzhou R&F)
- MF Ricardo Goulart (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Paulinho (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Wu Xi (Jiangsu Suning), Wu Lei (Shanghai SIPG)
- FW Gao Lin (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Demba Ba (Shanghai Greenland Shenhua)
- 关于正确使用联赛全名称的函 (in Chinese). Sina Sports.
- 中国足球协会超级联赛历史 (in Chinese)
- 排场大 明星多 2004—2016历届中超开幕式 Archived 2017-11-07 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese)
- 中国平安4年6亿冠名中超 三大层面助力中国足球
- John Duerden (5 March 2016). "Chinese Super League preview: Guangzhou Evergrande still team to beat". the guardian. Guardian News and Media. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- 关于河北中基足球俱乐部更名的公告 Archived 2016-05-29 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese). Sina Sports.
- Karel Stokkermans and Andre Zlotkowski (17 March 2016). "China Super League". China 2016. RSSSF. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- 江苏国信舜天主要股权转让并更名为江苏苏宁的公示 Archived 2016-10-31 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese)
- 关于延边长白山足球俱乐部股权转让并更名的公示 Archived 2016-07-28 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese)
- "Chinese Super League 2016: Standings". FIFA. Retrieved 25 August 2016. (link now outdated)
- 曼萨诺亲承不再担任国安主帅 发文感谢京城球迷 (in Chinese)
- 北京国安官宣新队名 新帅扎切罗尼携两外援亮相 (in Chinese). Sina Sports.
- 申花官方宣布主帅吉洛下课 发文祝未来一切顺利 (in Chinese)
- 申花官方宣布曼萨诺挂帅 相信他能带队上新台阶 (in Chinese)
- 力帆官方宣布主帅王宝山离任 感谢其三年来付出 (in Chinese)
- 力帆官方宣布张外龙任主帅 签约3年即日正式挂帅 (in Chinese)
- 鲁能泰山足球俱乐部与库卡解除合约 Archived 2015-12-08 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese)
- 曼诺加盟鲁能泰山足球俱乐部 Archived 2015-12-08 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese)
- 绿城官方宣布洪明甫担任球队主帅 合同期为两年 (in Chinese)
- 官宣:德拉甘正式任泰达主教练 一月赴海口汇合 (in Chinese)
- 亚泰意外换帅马里奥下课 前红星主帅即将上任 (in Chinese)
- 亚泰宣布塞超冠军主帅上任 进前八自动续约1年 (in Chinese)
- 亚泰主帅斯托扬诺维奇下课 7战2分中超下课首人 (in Chinese)
- 李章洙与亚泰签3+2合约 主场战鲁能将迎执教首秀 (in Chinese)
- 北京国安足球俱乐部公告 (in Chinese)
- 江苏苏宁足球俱乐部公告 Archived 2016-07-01 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese)
- 鲁能泰山-官方公告 Archived 2016-06-25 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese)
- 马加特加盟鲁能泰山足球俱乐部 Archived 2016-06-13 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese)
- 官方宣布：崔龙洙自7月1日起担任苏宁队主教练 (in Chinese)
- 永昌宣布主帅亚森下课 李金羽暂担任代理主教练 (in Chinese)
- 泰达官宣签约帕切科 签约1年半13日首秀战永昌 (in Chinese)
- 河北华夏幸福足球俱乐部公告 (in Chinese)
- Richard Morgan (26 February 2016). "Chinese Super League transfer window: All you need to know". Sky Sports. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- John Duerden (1 February 2016). "Why China, not MLS, is luring stars away from Europe". The Guardian. Guardian News and Media. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- Ewan MacKenna (1 February 2016). "China Is Latest Destination for Brazilian Stars". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- Michael Walker (27 February 2016). "Chinese Super League: Why European football's top talents are answering the great call of China". The Independent. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Lukimya von Rostock nach Jena" (in German). kicker.de. 18 August 2009. Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- 港澳台球员转会新政 新转入算亚外有合同算内援 (in Chinese)
- "Players: Topscorers". Soccerway:CSL. Perform. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- "射手榜_中超联赛_体育_新浪网". Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- "Players: match.sports.sina.com". Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- 莫雷罗带帽约万2球 进球大战亚泰4-4泰达 (in Chinese)
- 登巴巴戴帽毛剑卿弑旧主 申花3-1击败永昌 (in Chinese)
- 登巴巴帽子戏法 申花4-0送绿城11轮不胜 (in Chinese)
- 武磊帽子戏法扎哈维传射 上港客场3-3富力 (in Chinese)
- 特谢拉戴帽永昌两丢点球 苏宁客场6-1大胜 (in Chinese)
- 扎哈维帽子戏法 富力5-2大胜绿城迎2连胜 (in Chinese)
- 2016中超颁奖：高拉特金球金靴 恒大狂揽九奖项 (in Chinese)