2016–17 Senior Women's Challenger Trophy
2016–17 Senior Women's Challenger Trophy was the seventh edition of the women's List-A tournament in India. It was played from 22 October to 25 October. It was played in Round robin format and a final between top 2 teams. India red women, led by Harmanpreet Kaur won the tournament.
|Dates||22 October 2016– 25 October 2016|
|Cricket format||List A cricket|
|Tournament format(s)||Round-robin and Finals|
|India Blue||India Red||India Green|
|Mithali Raj (C)||Harmanpreet Kaur (C)||Deepti Sharma (C)|
22 October 2016
183/9 (50 overs)
184/9 (49.2 overs)
- India Blue Women won the toss and decided to field
23 October 2016
152/8 (50 overs)
154/4 (42 overs)
- India Red Women won the toss and decided to field
The Mithali Raj-led India Blue had won both their league matches to book a place in the finals while India Red had only beaten India Green in the run up to the finals. With a seven-wicket win against India Blue in the final, India Red lifted the Women's Challenger Trophy 2016-17. Smriti Mandhana led the 130-run chase in the one-day game with an unbeaten 62-run knock after the Jhulan Goswami-led attack had restricted the opposition to a sub-par score.
- "Challenger Trophy preview". Cricbuzz. Retrieved 27 Dec 2016.
- "Home page @ Cricketarchive". Retrieved 27 Dec 2016.
- "India Red claim Women's Challenger Trophy". Retrieved 27 Dec 2016.
- "Squads for Senior Women's Challenger Trophy announced". Retrieved 27 Dec 2016.
- "Summary". Retrieved 27 Dec 2016.