2016–17 Men's FIH Hockey World League
The 2016–17 Men's FIH Hockey World League was the third edition of the men's field hockey national team league series and last season of the World League. The tournament started in April 2016 in Singapore and finished in December 2017 in Bhubaneswar, India.
|Venue(s)||14 (in 14 host cities)|
|Champions||Australia (2nd title)|
The Semifinals of this competition will also serve as a qualifier for the 2018 Men's Hockey World Cup as the 10/11 highest placed teams apart from the host nation and the five continental champions qualify.
From 2019 onwards, the tournament was replaced by Pro League.
Each national association member of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) had the opportunity to compete in the tournament, and after seeking entries to participate, several teams were announced to compete.
The 11 teams ranked between 1st and 11th in the FIH World Rankings current at early 2015 received an automatic bye to the Semifinals while the 9 teams ranked between 12th and 20th received an automatic bye to Round 2. Those twenty teams, shown with qualifying rankings, were the following:
|9–17 April 2016||Singapore, Singapore|| Brunei
|28 June–2 July 2016||Suva, Fiji|| Fiji
Papua New Guinea
|30 August–4 September 2016||Prague, Czech Republic|| Belarus
|6–11 September 2016||Glasgow, Scotland|| Portugal
|9–11 September 2016||Antalya, Turkey|| Austria
|9–11 September 2016||Accra, Ghana|| Ghana
|27 September–2 October 2016||Salamanca, Mexico|| Barbados
|1–9 October 2016||Chiclayo, Peru|| Chile
|12 October 2016||Appointed by FIH||3|| Barbados|
|Host||By Ranking||From Round 1|
|4–12 March 2017||Dhaka, Bangladesh||Bangladesh|| Egypt
|11–19 March 2017||Belfast, Ireland||Ireland|| France
|25 March–2 April 2017||Tacarigua, Trinidad and Tobago||Trinidad and Tobago|| Japan
|Host||By Ranking||From Round 2|
|15–25 June 2017||London, England||England|| Argentina
|8–23 July 2017||Johannesburg, South Africa||South Africa|| Australia
|1–10 December 2017||Bhubaneswar, India||India|| Argentina|
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- South Africa
- United States
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Sri Lanka
- "FIH unveils event hosts for 2015-2018 cycle". FIH. 2013-11-08. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Bhubaneswar, India to host Men's Hockey World League Final 2017 and Hockey Men's World Cup 2018". FIH. 2017-03-27. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "Australia's Kookaburras claim Odisha Men's Hockey World League Final Bhubaneswar 2017". FIH. 2017-12-10. Retrieved 2017-12-11.
- "Hockey World League 2016 / 2017" (PDF). FIH. November 2015. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "FIH MEN'S WORLD RANKINGS - MARCH 2015" (PDF). FIH. March 2015. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- "FIH MEN'S WORLD RANKINGS - DECEMBER 2017" (PDF). International Hockey Federation. FIH.ch. Retrieved 2017-12-12.