2014 Military Bowl
The 2014 Military Bowl was a college football bowl game played on December 27, 2014 at Navy–Marine Corps Memorial Stadium on the campus of the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland in the United States. The seventh annual Military Bowl, it pitted the American Athletic Conference co-champion Cincinnati Bearcats against the Virginia Tech Hokies of the Atlantic Coast Conference. It was one of the 2014–15 bowl games will conclude the 2014 FBS football season. The game started at 1:00 p.m. EST and aired on ESPN. It was sponsored by aerospace and defense technology company Northrop Grumman and is officially known as the Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman.
|2014 Military Bowl|
|presented by Northrop Grumman|
7th Military Bowl
Coast Guard helicopters fly over Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium at the start of the Military Bowl
|Date||December 27, 2014|
|Stadium||Navy–Marine Corps Memorial Stadium|
|MVP||Virginia Tech RB J. C. Coleman|
|Favorite||Cincinnati by 2|
|Referee||Kevin Stine (Sun Belt)|
|United States TV coverage|
|Announcers||Beth Mowins, Joey Galloway, & Paul Carcaterra (ESPN)|
Eamon McAnaney & Jay Walker (ESPN Radio)
The game featured the Virginia Tech Hokies of the Atlantic Coast Conference against the American Athletic Conference co-champion Cincinnati Bearcats. Whit Babcock, the Hokies' director of athletics, previously held the same position at Cincinnati and hired Bearcats' coach Tommy Tuberville.
This was 11th overall meeting between these two teams, with series tied 5–5 before the game. The previous time these two teams met was in 2012. This was also the third bowl game between these two teams, the others being the 1947 Sun Bowl and the 2009 Orange Bowl.
Virginia Tech HokiesEdit
After finishing their regular season with a 6–6 record, the Hokies accepted their invitation to play in the game.
|Time of possession||29:04||30:56|
- mlicursi (December 28, 2014). "VIRGINIA TECH WINS MILITARY BOWL PRESENTED BY NORTHROP GRUMMAN AS MVP J.C. COLEMAN RUSHES FOR 157 YARDS AND A TOUCHDOWN". militarybowl.org. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- Stats Archived 2014-12-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Virginia Tech and Cincinnati Accept Invitations to Play in the 2014 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Barber, Mike (December 7, 2014). "ACC Virginia Tech to Military Bowl to face Cincinnati". Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- "Football Will Play Virginia Tech In Military Bowl". GoBearcats.com. Cincinnati Bearcats. December 7, 2014. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- "Virginia Tech selected for Military Bowl". HokieSports.com. Virginia Tech Hokies. December 7, 2014. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2014 Military Bowl.|