The 2014 DFL-Supercup was the fifth edition of the German Super Cup under the name DFL-Supercup, an annual football match contested by the winners of the previous season's Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal competitions. It featured Bayern Munich, winners of the 2013–14 Bundesliga and Borussia Dortmund, the runners-up of the 2013–14 Bundesliga who also reached the 2014 DFB-Pokal final.
Match programme cover
|Date||13 August 2014|
|Venue||Signal Iduna Park, Dortmund|
|Referee||Peter Gagelmann (Bremen)|
Dortmund were the reigning champions, having beaten Bayern 4–2 in 2013, although the season before, Bayern beat Dortmund 2–1. Both teams had won four previous installments (of seven attempts by Bayern and six by Dortmund), and thus the winner set a new record. The match took place on 13 August 2014 at Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund.
In the following table, matches until 1996 were in the DFB-Supercup era, since 2010 were in the DFL-Supercup era.
|Team||Qualification||Previous appearances (bold indicates winners)|
|Borussia DortmundTH||2013–14 Bundesliga runners-up||6 (1989, 1995, 1996, 2011, 2012, 2013)|
|Bayern Munich||2013–14 Bundesliga champions and 2013–14 DFB-Pokal winners||7 (1987, 1989, 1990, 1994, 2010, 2012, 2013)|
|Borussia Dortmund||2–0||Bayern Munich|
- "Supercup: Gagelmann leitet Finale um in Dortmund" (in German). dfb.de. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "(West) Germany - List of Super/League Cup Finals". RSSSF. Archived from the original on 10 August 2011. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Dortmund gegen Bayern: Supercup am 13. August [Dortmund against Bayern: Supercup on 13 August]" (in German). Deutsche Fußball Liga. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Bayern Munich: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is super hero as Jurgen Klopp's men lift German Super Cup". Daily Mail. 13 August 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Borussia Dortmund beat Bayern Munich to win German Supercup again". Guardian. 13 August 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.