2014–15 Biathlon World Cup
The 2014–15 Biathlon World Cup is a multi-race tournament over a season of biathlon, organised by the International Biathlon Union. The season started on 30 November 2014 in Östersund, Sweden, and ended on 22 March 2015 in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia.
|2014–15 Biathlon World Cup|
|Overall||Martin Fourcade||Darya Domracheva|
|Individual||Serhiy Semenov||Kaisa Mäkäräinen|
|Sprint||Martin Fourcade||Darya Domracheva|
|Mass start||Anton Shipulin||Franziska Preuß|
A new event, called the "Single mixed relay", made its World Cup debut on 6 February 2015 in Nové Město. This event involves one male and one female biathlete each completing two legs consisting of one prone and one standing shoot.
Below is the IBU World Cup calendar for the 2014–15 season.
|Stage||Location||Date||Individual||Sprint||Pursuit||Mass start||Relay||Mixed relay||Single mixed relay||Details|
|1||Östersund||30 November–7 December||●||●||●||●||details|
|7||Nové Město||6–8 February||●||●||●||●||details|
|WC||Kontiolahti||5–15 March||●||●||●||●||●||●||World Championships|
|Total: 66 (31 men's, 31 women's, 4 mixed)||3||10||7||5||6||3||1|
World Cup PodiumEdit
|2||13 December 2014||Hochfilzen||4x7.5 km Relay||Russia||France||Norway||Detail|
|4||8 January 2015||Oberhof||4x7.5 km Relay||Russia||Norway||France||Detail|
|5||15 January 2015||Ruhpolding||4x7.5 km Relay||Norway||Germany||Russia||Detail|
|6||25 January 2015||Antholz-Anterselva||4x7.5 km Relay||Norway||Germany||France||Detail|
|8||15 February 2015||Oslo Holmenkollen||4x7.5 km Relay||Russia||Germany||Austria||Detail|
|WC||14 March 2015||Kontiolahti||4x7.5 km Relay||Germany||Norway||France||Detail|
|2||13 December 2014||Hochfilzen||4x6 km Relay||Germany||Belarus||Czech Republic||Detail|
|4||7 January 2015||Oberhof||4x6 km Relay||Czech Republic||France||Belarus||Detail|
|5||14 January 2015||Ruhpolding||4x6 km Relay||Czech Republic||Belarus||Germany||Detail|
|6||25 January 2015||Antholz-Anterselva||4x6 km Relay||Germany||Czech Republic||Ukraine||Detail|
|8||15 February 2015||Oslo Holmenkollen||4x6 km Relay||Czech Republic||Italy||France||Detail|
|WC||13 March 2015||Kontiolahti||4x6 km Relay||Germany||France||Italy||Detail|
|1||30 November 2014||Östersund||Mixed Relay||France||Norway||Germany||Detail|
|7||6 February 2015||Nové Město||Single Mixed Relay||Russia||Norway||Ukraine||Detail|
|7||6 February 2015||Nové Město||Mixed Relay||Norway||Czech Republic||Ukraine||Detail|
|WC||5 March 2015||Kontiolahti||Mixed relay||Czech Republic||France||Norway||Detail|
|5.||Johannes Thingnes Bø||728|
- Final standings after 25 races.
- Final standings after 25 races.
- Final standings after 4 races.
|Totals (13 nations)||66||66||66||198|
- First World Cup career victory
- Tiril Eckhoff (NOR), 24, in her 4th season — the WC 1 Sprint in Östersund; first podium was 2013–14 Pursuit in Annecy-Le Grand Bornand
- Veronika Vítková (CZE), 26, in her 9th season — the WC 4 Sprint in Oberhof; first podium was 2012–13 Pursuit in Oberhof
- Fanny Welle-Strand Horn (NOR), 26, in her 6th season — the WC 5 Sprint in Ruhpolding; it also was her first podium
- Laura Dahlmeier (GER), 21, in her 3rd season — the WC 7 Sprint in Nové Město; first podium was 2014–15 Sprint in Antholz-Anterselva
- Marie Dorin Habert (FRA), 28, in her 8th season — the World Championships Sprint in Kontiolahti; first podium was 2008-09 Pursuit in Khanty-Mansiysk
- Erik Lesser (GER), 26, in his 6th season — the World Championships Pursuit in Kontiolahti; first podium was 2012–13 Individual in Östersund
- Ekaterina Yurlova (RUS), 30, in her 7th season — the World Championships Individual in Kontiolahti; it also was her first podium
- Nathan Smith (CAN), 29, in his 7th season — the WC 9 Pursuit in Khanty-Mansiysk; first podium was 2015 World Championships Sprint in Kontiolahti
- First World Cup podium
- Karin Oberhofer (ITA), 29, in her 6th season — no. 2 in the WC 2 Sprint in Hochfilzen
- Olga Podchufarova (RUS), 22, in her 3rd season — no. 3 in the WC 2 Pursuit in Hochfilzen
- Nicole Gontier (ITA), 23, in her 4th season — no. 3 in the WC 4 Sprint in Oberhof
- Franziska Preuß (GER), 20, in her 2nd season — no. 2 in the WC 5 Mass Start in Ruhpolding
- Quentin Fillon Maillet (FRA), 22, in his 2nd season — no. 2 in the WC 5 Mass Start in Ruhpolding
- Laura Dahlmeier (GER), 21, in her 3rd season — no. 3 in the WC 6 Sprint in Antholz-Anterselva
- Franziska Hildebrand (GER), 27, in her 4th season — no. 2 in the WC 7 Sprint in Nové Město
- Weronika Nowakowska-Ziemniak (POL), 28, in her 8th season — no.2 in the World Championships Sprint in Kontiolahti
- Nathan Smith (CAN), 29, in his 7th season — no.2 in the World Championships Sprint in Kontiolahti
- Benedikt Doll (GER), 24, in his 4th season — no. 3 in the WC 9 Sprint in Khanty-Mansiysk
- Victory in this World Cup (all-time number of victories in parentheses)
Following notable biathletes announced their retirement during or after the 2014–15 season:
- "Event Schedule". IBU Datacenter. International Biathlon Union. Archived from the original on 4 December 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "SINGLE MIXED RELAY CONFIRMED FOR NMNM WC PROGRAMME". vysocina-arena.cz. 19 November 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Paone, Francesco (13 December 2014). "Alexis Boeuf si ritira con effetto immediato" [Alexis Boeuf retires with immediate effect]. Neve Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 9 October 2015. (in Italian)
- "ATHLETE RETIREMENTS". British biathlon. British Biathlon Union. n.d. Archived from the original on 2015-10-08. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- Paone, Francesco (19 April 2015). "Christoph Stephan annuncia il ritiro dall'attività agonistica" [Christoph Stephan announces retirement from racing]. Neve Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 9 October 2015. (in Italian)
- Tingve, Pål Marius (27 April 2015). "Lars Berger legger opp". Dagbladet (in Norwegian). Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- Paone, Francesco (3 October 2015). "Ufficiale il ritiro di Janez Maric, un capitolo di storia del biathlon sloveno" [Official retirement of Janez Maric, a chapter of the history of Slovenian biathlon]. Neve Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 9 October 2015. (in Italian)
- Paone, Francesco (3 October 2015). "Serguei Sednev si ritira con effetto immediato" [Serguei Sednev retires with immediate effect]. Neve Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 9 October 2015. (in Italian)
- Paone, Francesco (30 March 2015). "La francese Sophie Boilley appende gli sci al chiodo" [The French Sophie Boilley hangs skis to the nail]. Neve Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 9 October 2015. (in Italian)
- "Biathlete Sachenbacher-Stehle announces retirement following doping case". Deutsche Welle. 30 November 2014. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- Paone, Francesco (31 March 2015). "Fine carriera per Roberta Fiandino" [End career for Roberta Fiandino]. Neve Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 9 October 2015. (in Italian)
- Paone, Francesco (24 January 2015). "Olga Zaitseva torna sui suoi passi e decide di ritirarsi" [Olga Zaitseva back on his feet and decides to retire]. Neve Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 9 October 2015. (in Italian)
- Яна Романова завершила спортивную карьеру
- Osolodkina, Mariya (2 June 2015). "First Camp for Ukrainian Team; Focus on Shooting". Biathlonworld. International Biathlon Union. Archived from the original on 29 September 2015. Retrieved 28 September 2015.