2013 Orange Bowl
The 2013 Discover Orange Bowl was a college football bowl game played on Tuesday, January 1, 2013, at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. The game was organized by the Orange Bowl committee. The Orange Bowl featured ACC champions Florida State versus at-large selection and MAC champions Northern Illinois. The game was part of the 2012–2013 Bowl Championship Series and was the second of the series to be played, following the 2013 Rose Bowl. Florida State won the game by a score of 31–10.
|2013 Discover Orange Bowl|
|BCS Bowl Game|
79th Orange Bowl
|Date||January 1, 2013|
|Stadium||Sun Life Stadium|
|Location||Miami Gardens, Florida|
|MVP||Lonnie Pryor (FB - Florida State)|
|Favorite||Florida St. by 13½|
|National anthem||Ayla Brown|
|Referee||Matt Moore (SEC)|
|Halftime show||Jake Owen|
|Payout||US$17,000,000 per team|
|United States TV coverage|
|Network||ESPN, ESPN Deportes|
|Nielsen ratings||6.5 (10 Million viewers)|
The Florida State Seminoles clinched a berth in the 2013 Orange Bowl by winning the 2012 ACC Championship. The Northern Illinois Huskies became the first MAC team to earn a BCS berth by being the 15th ranked team in the nation. A school from a BCS non-automatic qualifying conference earns a bid if in the top sixteen and ranked ahead of a champion from an automatic qualifying conference. The Huskies, winners of the 2012 MAC Championship Game, became the first team from the MAC to make a BCS bowl.
|Total offense, plays – yards||73–259||75–534|
|Passing yards (net)||176||291|
|Time of Possession||25:52||34:08|
- Bowl Schedule, Los Angeles Times, December 17, 2012
- "2013 Orange Bowl: Florida State Seminoles vs. Northern Illinois Huskies". Stat Broadcast. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- Michael Humes, Combined Overnight Ratings for Rose Bowl and Orange Bowl BCS Games Rises over 2012, ESPN, January 2, 2013
- "Discover Orange Bowl Game Information". OrangeBowl.org. Orange Bowl Committee. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Mission Statement". OrangeBowl.org. Orange Bowl Committee. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Scoring Summary (Final)" (PDF). OrangeBowl.org. Orange Bowl Committee. 1 January 2013. p. 1. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Chi, Samuel. "Northern Illinois is in the BCS: Deal with it". SBNation.com. Vox Media. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- "Team Statistics (Final)" (PDF). OrangeBowl.org. Orange Bowl Committee. 1 January 2013. p. 2. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
|This college football bowl article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|