2013 Mnet Asian Music Awards
|2013 Mnet Asian Music Awards|
|Date||November 22, 2013|
|Location||AsiaWorld–Arena, Hong Kong|
|Hosted by||Lee Seung-gi|
|Most awards||G-Dragon (4)|
|Most nominations||G-Dragon (6) Cho Yong-pil (6)|
|Website||Mnet Asian Music Awards|
|Network||South Korea: Mnet|
Japan: Mnet Japan
Southeast Asia: Channel M
Thailand: Bang Channel
|Runtime||around 300 minutes|
Nominations were announced on October 23, 2013. Leading the nominees was Cho Yong-pil with six, followed by Psy, G-Dragon, and Girls' Generation with five nominations each. By the end of the ceremony, G-Dragon received the most wins with four awards, which includes the daesang (or grand prize) award "Artist of the Year.
This event marked the fifteenth Mnet Asian Music Awards. Using its slogan "Music Makes One" for the third consecutive time, MAMA was broadcast live in China, Japan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia through various channels, as well as around the world.
This is the first time that the three daesang awards were presented separately. The first daesang, the song of the year award, was given at the end of the first block, the second daesang, the artist of the year award, was given at the end of the second block, and the third daesang, the album of the year award was given at the finale. After the last daesang award was given, Stevie Wonder performed.
Winners and nomineesEdit
- Discovery of the Year: Baechigi
- Best Asian Artist: Derrick Hoh; Thu Minh; Tor Saksit; SM*SH; Kyary Pamyu Pamyu; Aaron Kwok
- Style in Music: Sistar
- Next Generation Global Star (Female): A Pink
- Sony MDR Worldwide Performer: Infinite
- Best Concert Performer: Lee Seung-chul
- Music Makes One Global Ambassador Award: Stevie Wonder
- Red Carpet Special Prize: Lee Jung-hyun
Artist(s) with multiple winsEdit
The following artist(s) received two or more wins (excluding the special awards):
Artist(s) with multiple nominationsEdit
The following artist(s) received three or more nominations (excluding the special awards):
Presenters and performersEdit
|Jaurim, Lee Ha-Neul, Jay Park||"Icarus", Enter The Dragon||Enter The MAMA - Opening Act|
|Trouble Maker, Infinite||"Now", "Before The Dawn", "Destiny"||Gangs of Hong Kong|
|Aaron Kwok||"Yi Ge Hui Wu"||비망록|
|2NE1, Icona Pop||"Lonely", "Missing You", "All Night", "I Love It"||4 Love|
|Dancing 9||-||Trophy Disappeared|
|Ylvis and Crayon Pop||"What Does the Fox Say?", "Bar Bar Bar"||The Fox Say 'Bar Bar Bar'|
|Park Jae-jung and Zhu Jia Jia||"Annie", "We Are Young "||We Are Super Stars|
|EXO||"Growl", "Wolf"||Ein süßer Traum|
|Lee Seung-gi||"Return" Orchestra ver.||애상곡|
|Rain||"How To Avoid The Sun", "It's Raining", "Hip Song"||Man of the Moment|
|Big Bang||"Doom Dada", "Ringa Linga", "Strong Baby" & "Let's Talk About Love", "Sober(G-Dragon verse)/Crooked", "Fantastic Baby"||The Human|
|Stevie Wonder, Hyolyn, Aaron Kwok||"I Just Called to Say I Love You", "Lately", "Isn't She Lovely", "Superstition"||He's A Wonder|
|Myx (LIVE/Cable TV)||Philippines|
|Studio 23 (now ABS-CBN Sports+Action) (Delayed/Free TV)|
|Channel M (Southeast Asia)||Hong Kong, Taiwan, South East Asia|
|Channel U (Singapore)||Singapore|
- "′The '2013 MAMA' to be held in Hong Kong for the 2nd consecutive year". Allkpop. 17 September 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "MKMF goes into history" Asiae. 20 October 2009. Retrieved 2012-04-17
- Lee, Hyo-won. "Stevie Wonder, Ylvis, and Icona Pop to Headline Mnet Asian Music Awards". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Mnet Asian Music Awards 2013 Winners". Mnet Asian Music Awards. Archived from the original on 23 November 2013. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- Lee, Hyo-won. "K-Pop Star G-Dragon Wins Four at 2013 MAMAs". billboard.com. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "2013 Mnet Asian Music Awards (part 1)". Mwave. MAMA. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "2013 Mnet Asian Music Awards (part 2)". mwave. MAMA. Retrieved 27 January 2015.
- "2013 Mnet Asian Music Awards (part 3)". mwave. MAMA. Retrieved 27 January 2015.
- Mnet Asian Music Awards official website