2013 Copa del Rey Final
The 2013 Copa del Rey Final was the 111th final since its establishment. The match was a Madrid derby between Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid on 17 May 2013 at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in Madrid. It was the clubs' first meeting in the final since the 1992 final when Atlético won 2–0 over Real Madrid. Before this match, the two teams have been finalists on four other occasions in 1960, 1961 and 1975 Copa del Rey; all Atlético wins; except 1975 when Real Madrid won. Atlético lifted the trophy for the tenth time in their history. It was the first time since 1992 that Atlético had won trophies two seasons in a row, following their win in the Europa League Final the previous year.
|Event||2012–13 Copa del Rey|
|After extra time|
|Date||17 May 2013|
|Venue||Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid|
|Man of the Match||Thibaut Courtois (Atlético)|
|Referee||Carlos Clos Gómez|
9 °C (48 °F)
Venue and dateEdit
Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid and the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) all agreed on Madrid as the location for the event. With seating for 80,000, the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium was chosen as the venue. Each team was allocated 30,000 tickets to sell, and the remainder were allocated to the RFEF.
Road to the finalEdit
|Real Madrid||Round||Atlético Madrid|
|Alcoyano||7–1||4–1 away; 3–0 home||Round of 32||Real Jaén||4–0||3–0 away; 1–0 home|
|Celta Vigo||5–2||1–2 away; 4–0 home||Round of 16||Getafe||3–0||3–0 home; 0–0 away|
|Valencia||3–1||2–0 home; 1–1 away||Quarterfinals||Real Betis||3–1||2–0 home; 1–1 away|
|Barcelona||4–2||1–1 home; 3–1 away||Semifinals||Sevilla||4–3||2–1 home; 2–2 away|
|Real Madrid||1–2 (a.e.t.)||Atlético Madrid|
|Ronaldo 14'||Report||Costa 35'
- "History for Madrid: Friday, May 17, 2013". Weather Underground. 17 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "El estadio Santiago Bernabéu vivirá su trigésimo sexta final de Copa" (in Spanish). RFEF. 8 March 2013. Archived from the original on 1 March 2013. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "Atlético beat Real Madrid to win Copa del Rey after Ronaldo sent off". Guardian. 17 March 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Real Madrid 1 Athletico Madrid 2". Goal.com. 17 March 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Copa del Rey final moved to avoid Eurovision clash". ESPN.com. 8 March 2013. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "Bernabéu to host Real v Atlético in all-Madrid Copa del Rey final". Sky Sports. 8 March 2013. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "Santiago Bernabéu to host Copa del Rey final". Goal.com. 8 March 2013. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "adidas, presente en la Copa de SM el Rey con un balón personalizado" [adidas, present in the Copa del Rey with a customized ball] (in Spanish). RFEF. 14 May 2013. Archived from the original on 20 February 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "El balón de la final de Copa será el de la Confederaciones" [The ball in the Copa final will be the ball of Confederations Cup] (in Spanish). Marca. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- El Atlético reina en la Copa (in Spanish)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Copa del Rey (association football) 2012-2013 final.|