2013–14 Iraqi Premier League
The 2013–14 Iraqi Premier League was the 40th season of the competition since its establishment in 1974. The name of the league was changed from Iraqi Elite League to Iraqi Premier League, and the season began on 29 October 2013. The tournament reached round 23 out of 30, but due to the worsening war situation and increased unrest in the country, the Iraq Football Association (IFA) ended the season on 18 June 2014, with the standings on that date being considered as final. At the time, the IFA made a number of differing comments regarding the end of the competition, leading to a dispute among sources as to whether a champion had been named for the season.
|AFC Cup||Al-Shorta |
|Goals scored||398 (2.25 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Ali Salah|
|Biggest home win||Al-Shorta 5–0 Duhok|
(29 November 2013)
Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya 5–0 Naft Maysan
(4 June 2014)
|Biggest away win||Al-Talaba 1–5 Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya|
(9 June 2014)
|Highest scoring||Naft Al-Junoob 2–5 Naft Maysan|
(7 February 2014)
|Longest winning run||5 games |
(26 March 2014 - 9 May 2014)
|Longest unbeaten run||13 games |
(8 February 2014 - 11 June 2014)
|Longest losing run||6 games |
(4 May 2014 - 10 June 2014)
On 24 July 2019, the IFA vice-president confirmed to Al-Maalomah agency that Al-Shorta were the champions of the 2013–14 season, stating: "The Competitions Committee had cancelled the Iraqi Football Premier League for the season 2014 because of the occupation of the terrorist group ISIS over a number of Iraqi cities. The Iraqi League was nearing completion and Al-Shorta were leading the tournament at the time, therefore Al-Shorta are the champions of the Iraqi League for the season 2014".
|1||Al-Shorta (C)||21||12||7||2||29||13||+16||43||2015 AFC Cup|
Rules for classification: 1) points; 2) goal difference; 3) number of goals scored.
|4||Hammadi Ahmad||Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya||9|
|5||Khodor Salame||Naft Maysan||8|
|Omar Khribin||Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya|
- "Iraq Football Association cancels remainder of the league as Al-Shorta crowned champions". Shakwmakw.com. 24 June 2014. Archived from the original on 13 September 2014.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "الاتحاد العراقي يلغي الدوري ويعتبر الشرطة اولا". Al Kass Sports Channels. 18 June 2014.
- "الاتحاد الكروي يكتفي بتسمية نادي الشرطة بطلا للدوري الممتاز على المستوى الخارجي فقط". Al Forat. 18 June 2014.
- "رئيس اتحاد الكرة: الشرطة ليس بطلا للدوري الممتاز". www.alliraqnews.com. 18 June 2014.
- "المسابقات تقر بأحقية الشرطة في لقب الدوري 2014". Al-Maalomah Agency. 24 July 2019.