2012 DFB-Pokal Final
The 2011–12 DFB-Pokal, the 62nd season of Germany's premier football cup competition, came to a close on 12 May 2012 when Borussia Dortmund played against Bayern Munich at the Olympiastadion in Berlin.
Match programme cover
|Date||12 May 2012|
|Referee||Peter Gagelmann (Bremen)|
11 °C (52 °F)
Route to the finalEdit
The DFB-Pokal began with 64 teams in a single-elimination knockout cup competition. There were a total of five rounds leading up to the final. Teams were drawn against each other, and the winner after 90 minutes would advance. If still tied, 30 minutes of extra time was played. If the score was still level, a penalty shoot-out was used to determine the winner.
Note: In all results below, the score of the finalist is given first (H: home; A: away).
|Borussia Dortmund||Round||Bayern Munich|
|SV Sandhausen (A)||3–0||First round||Eintracht Braunschweig (A)||3–0|
|Dynamo Dresden (H)||2–0||Second round||FC Ingolstadt (H)||6–0|
|Fortuna Düsseldorf (A)||0–0 (a.e.t.) (5–4 p)||Round of 16||VfL Bochum (A)||2–1|
|Holstein Kiel (A)||4–0||Quarter-finals||VfB Stuttgart (A)||2–0|
|Greuther Fürth (A)||1–0 (a.e.t.)||Semi-finals||Borussia Mönchengladbach (A)||0–0 (a.e.t.) (4–2 p)|
|Borussia Dortmund||5–2||Bayern Munich|
- "Schiedsrichter Gagelmann pfeift DFB-Pokalfinale" [Referee Gagelmann officiates DFB-Pokal final]. focus.de (in German). Focus. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "Weather History for Berlin Tegel, DE". Weather Underground. The Weather Company. 12 May 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Lewandowski hat-trick secures domestic double for Jurgen Klopp's men". Goal.com. 12 May 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Bayern Munich shaken to the core by Borussia Dortmund humiliation". Guardian. 12 May 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Borussia Dortmund 5-2 Bayern Munich". ESPN. 12 May 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Modus" [Mode]. DFB.de (in German). German Football Association. 15 August 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2015.