2011 São Paulo Indy 300
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Itaipava São Paulo Indy 300 presented by Nestlé was the fourth race of the 2011 IZOD IndyCar Series season. The race took place on May 1 and 2, on the 2.536-mile (4.081 km) temporary street circuit in São Paulo, Brazil, and was telecasted by Versus in the United States and TV Bandeirantes in Brazil. After a rain delay that lasted almost two and a half hours, attempts to run the event in full on the Sunday were scrapped with the race completed on Monday May 2.
|4th round of the 2011 IndyCar Series season|
|Date||May 1, 2011|
|Official name||Itaipava São Paulo Indy 300 presented by Nestlé|
|Location||Santana – São Paulo city|
|Course||Temporary street circuit|
2.536 mi / 4.081 km
139.480 mi / 224.471 km
|Scheduled Distance||75 laps|
190.200 mi / 306.097 km
|Driver||Will Power (Team Penske)|
|Driver||Simona de Silvestro (HVM Racing)|
|Time||1:39.8231 (on lap 36 of 55)|
|First||Will Power (Team Penske)|
|Second||Graham Rahal (Chip Ganassi Racing)|
|Third||Ryan Briscoe (Team Penske)|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2018)
- All cars were split into two groups of twelve, with the fastest six from each group going through to the "top 12" session. In this session, the fastest six cars progressed to the "Firestone Fast Six." The fastest driver in the final session claimed pole, with the rest of the cars lining up in session order, regardless of qualifying times. (fast six from 1–6, top 12 from 7–12 and round 1 from 13–24, with group 1 drivers occupying the odd–numbered grid positions, and group 2 drivers occupying the even–numbered grid positions.
NOTE: Under agreement from race organisers, INDYCAR, and Brazilian television rights holder Rede Bandeirantes, there is a two-hour time limit for this race. The first 14 laps from Sunday took 40:46 to run, and that time was deducted from Monday morning's race. The Monday race featured a 1:19:14 timed race (the remaining time from Sunday's race limit).
Championship standings after the raceEdit
- "Sao Paulo Indy 300: Qualifying, Round 1 – Group 1" (PDF). IndyCar Series. INDYCAR. 2011-04-30. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-05-23. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- "Sao Paulo Indy 300: Qualifying, Round 1 – Group 2" (PDF). IndyCar Series. INDYCAR. 2011-04-30. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-05-23. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- "Sao Paulo Indy 300: Qualifying – Top 12" (PDF). IndyCar Series. INDYCAR. 2011-05-02. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-03-11. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- "Sao Paulo Indy 300: Qualifying – Fast 6" (PDF). IndyCar Series. INDYCAR. 2011-05-02. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-05-23. Retrieved 2011-04-30.