2010 PGA Tour
The 2010 PGA Tour season ran from January 7 to November 14. The season consisted of 46 official money events. This included four major championships and three World Golf Championships, which are also sanctioned by the European Tour.
The following table lists the main season events for 2010. "Date" is the ending date of each event. The numbers in parentheses after the winners' names are the number of wins they had on tour up to and including that event.
The following events did not carry official money.
|Mar 23||Tavistock Cup||Florida||Team Lake Nona||n/a||2,450,000||160,000||Two 10-player teams|
|Jun 29||CVS Caremark Charity Classic||Rhode Island|| Ricky Barnes &
J. B. Holmes
|10 two-player teams|
|Oct 4[N 4]||Ryder Cup||Wales||Team Europe||n/a||Two 12-man teams|
|Oct 20||PGA Grand Slam of Golf||Bermuda||Ernie Els||n/a||1,350,000||600,000||Four-player field|
|Oct 31||CIMB Asia Pacific Classic Malaysia||Malaysia||Ben Crane||38||6,000,000||1,000,000||40-player field|
|Nov 7||WGC-HSBC Champions||China||Francesco Molinari||68||7,000,000||1,200,000||World Golf Championships|
|Nov 9||Wendy's 3-Tour Challenge||Nevada||PGA Tour team||n/a||1,000,000||166,666||Three three-player teams|
|Nov 15||ADT Skills Challenge||Florida|| Mark O'Meara &
|Dec 5||Chevron World Challenge||California||Graeme McDowell||50||5,000,000||1,200,000||18-player field|
|Dec 6||PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament||Florida||Billy Mayfair||n/a||1,057,500||50,000|
|Dec 12||The Shark Shootout||Florida|| Dustin Johnson &
|n/a||3,000,000||375,000||12 two-player teams|
- The tournament was scheduled to end on January 24, but the final round was pushed back to the following day due to Thursday's play being washed out by heavy rains.
- The tournament was scheduled to end on March 14, but the final round was pushed back to the following day due to Thursday's play being washed out by heavy rains.
- The tournament was scheduled to end on March 28, but play was suspended during that day's final round due to heavy rains, resuming on the following day.
- The Ryder Cup was scheduled to end on October 3, but heavy rains pushed the matches into Monday.
Location of tournamentsEdit
This shows the money leaders for the 2010 PGA Tour season. These figures do not include FedEx Cup bonus money.
|Rank||Player||Country||Events||Prize money ($)|
|1||Matt Kuchar||United States||26||4,910,477|
|2||Jim Furyk||United States||21||4,809,622|
|3||Ernie Els||South Africa||20||4,558,861|
|4||Dustin Johnson||United States||23||4,473,122|
|5||Steve Stricker||United States||19||4,190,235|
|6||Phil Mickelson||United States||20||3,821,733|
|10||Hunter Mahan||United States||25||3,574,550|
Notes and referencesEdit
- Each tournament is allocated a certain number of Official World Golf Ranking points for its champion, and points for lower finishes are based on a sliding scale. The major championships and the Players Championship have fixed allocations, but the points of the other tournaments depend on the strength of the field so they are not available in advance.
- "2010 Schedule". PGA Tour.
- "Money Leaders – 2010". PGA Tour.