2010 MTV Movie Awards
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 2010 MTV Movie Awards was the 19th annual ceremony which took place on June 6, 2010, in Los Angeles, California. Aziz Ansari served as a host for the ceremony. Voting the nominees began from a list of eligible contestants on March 29, 2010, and ended on April 9, 2010. The nominees itself were announced on May 12, 2010, and the winners were voted by the public.
|2010 MTV Movie Awards|
|Date||Sunday, June 6, 2010|
|Hosted by||Aziz Ansari|
The show has gained some controversy for constantly using the term "fuck" and its derivatives by its presenters and Peter Facinelli, who accepted the Best Movie award. A number of them were not muted because of its live broadcast. Parents Television Council president Tim Winter, responding to the program's TV-14 rating, stated: "It is an outrage to the content rating system. If it had been a motion picture, it would have been rated R. The fact that it was rated 14 shows what little respect MTV and Viacom have for the content ratings."
- Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, and Rob Schneider — presented Best Female Performance
- Jonah Hill, Russell Brand, and Sean "Diddy" Combs — presented Best Breakout Star
- Steve Carell and Paul Rudd — presented Best Scared-As-Shit Performance
- Bradley Cooper and Jessica Biel — presented Best Kiss
- Jason Segel and Miranda Cosgrove — introduced Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg
- Betty White, Bradley Cooper, and Scarlett Johansson — presented MTV Generation Award
- Michael Cera, Kieran Culkin, Anna Kendrick, and Aubrey Plaza — presented Best WTF Moment
- Samuel L. Jackson, Eva Mendes, Dwayne Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, and Will Ferrell — presented Best Villain
- Jackie Chan, Jaden Smith, and Shaun White — presented Biggest Badass Star
- Jessica Alba and Vanessa Hudgens — presented Best Male Performance
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Ed Helms — introduced Christina Aguilera
- Zac Efron — presented Best Comedic Performance
- Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise — presented Best Movie
|Best Male Performance||Best Female Performance|
|Best Breakout Star||Best Villain|
|Best Comedic Performance||Best Scared-as-S**t Performance|
|Best Kiss||Best Fight|
|Best WTF Moment||Biggest Badass Star|
MTV Generation AwardEdit
- When Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart won the best kiss, they repeated the same performance back on MTVMA 2009, promising a kiss in front of the fans. Kristen at first tried to leave the fans hanging, but Robert stole a kiss from her.
- When Sandra Bullock won MTV Generation, she discussed her divorce and the fact that no one needed to worry about, and after that, she kissed Scarlett Johansson.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 7, 2010). "RATINGS RAT RACE: Solid Ratings For MTV Movie Awards, Drop Dead Diva, Kate Plus 8". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on 2010-06-08. Retrieved June 10, 2010.
- Flint, Joe (June 7, 2010). "MTV says sorry about the bad words but no comment from Les Grossman". Company Town. Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on 10 June 2010. Retrieved June 7, 2010.
- Piazza, Jo (June 7, 2010). "Parents Unhappy as F-Bombs Fly at MTV Movie Awards". PopEater. AOL. Archived from the original on 9 June 2010. Retrieved June 7, 2010.
- "PTC Says Teen-Targeted MTV Movie Awards and "Hard Times" Prove Need for Cable Choice" (Press release). Parents Television Council. June 7, 2010. Archived from the original on 17 June 2010. Retrieved 8 June 2010.