2009 European Cup
|Number of teams||6|
|Winner||Wales (5th title)|
|Top scorer||Mick Nanyn (46)|
|Top try scorers|| Karl Fitzpatrick (4)|
James Nixon (4)
The revamped European Cup 2009 involved six teams competing in two groups of three. Participating teams were: Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Serbia, Lebanon and Italy. Russia were scheduled to take part in the competition, but were forced to pull out due to board restructuring within the Russian Rugby League Federation. They were replaced by the RLEF European Shield winners, Italy.
- Hazem El Masri was no longer available after retiring from the sport.
- Robbie Farah was unavailable due to being named in Australia's Four Nations squad.
- Charlie Farah, Anthony Farah, Nathan Dib and Jarrod Saffy were all injury withdrawals.
- Anthony Blackwood (Celtic Crusaders), Ben Evans (Warrington Wolves), Rhys Evans (Warrington Wolves) and Craig Kopczak (Bradford Bulls) were put on a four-man stand-by list that was used in case of injuries.
- Notable omissions included Glenn Morrison, David Mills and James Evans.
17 October 2009
|Italy||0 - 104||Scotland|
|Report||Try: Nixon (4)|
Goal: Nanyn (16)
24 October 2009
|Lebanon||86 - 0||Italy|
|Tries: T. Robinson (2)
R. Robinson (3)
Clark, Harb (2)
1 November 2009
|Scotland||22 - 10||Lebanon|
18 October 2009
|Ireland||82 - 0||Serbia|
|Try: Fitzpatrick (4)
Goal: Finn (9)
25 October 2009
|Serbia||8 - 88||Wales|
Goals: Brkic (2)
|Report||Tries: Roets (3)|
R. Williams (2)
Goals: Webster (14)
1 November 2009
|Wales||42 - 12||Ireland|
|Try: Ian Webster
Goal: Lloyd White (5)
|Report||Try: Marcus St Hilaire |
Goal: Pat Richards (2)
|Scotland||16 - 28||Wales|
3rd Place MatchEdit
|Lebanon||40 - 16||Ireland|
|Tries: Saleh (2)
Mansour (9) Travis Robinson (12, 27) Clark (22) Reece Robinson (40, 75) Chiha (48) Goals: Clark (0/2) Reece Robinson (4/5) Travis Robinson (0/1)
|Report||Tries: Haley (30, 36)
Beswick (64) Goals: Finn 2/3
5th place MatchEdit
- "Rugby League Europe Federation". Archived from the original on 2009-10-02. Retrieved 2009-09-28.
- "Rugby League Europe Federation". Archived from the original on 2009-09-07. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- "Lebanon Set To Do It Tough". Archived from the original on 2012-02-23. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- Welsh confirm squad for European Cup Archived 2012-09-27 at the Wayback Machine NRL.com, 23 October 2009
- "Rugby League Europe Federation". Archived from the original on 2009-09-27. Retrieved 2009-09-21.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2009-09-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2009-10-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2011-07-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=34805[permanent dead link]
- "EUROPEAN CUP FINAL - WALES 28 SCOTLAND 16". RLEF. 2009-09-09. Archived from the original on 2011-11-16. Retrieved 2009-11-09.