2009 Australian Formula Ford Championship
|2009 Australian Formula Ford Championship|
The 2009 Genuine Ford Parts Australian Formula Ford Championship was a CAMS sanctioned national motor racing title for drivers of Formula Ford open wheel racing cars. The championship was the 40th national series for Formula Fords to be held in Australia and the 17th to carry the Australian Formula Ford Championship name. It began on 26 March 2009 at the Albert Park Street Circuit and finished on 25 October at the Surfers Paradise Street Circuit after eight rounds held across four different states and territories. Round 1 was contested over two races and all other rounds over three races.
South Australian driver Nick Percat dominated the championship, winning 12 of the 23 races. At the Hidden Valley Raceway round, Percat set a new record for the most races wins in the history of national level Formula Ford racing in Australia.
Championship points were awarded on a 20-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 basis to the top ten classified finishers in each race. An additional point was awarded to the driver gaining pole position for each round.
Teams and driversEdit
The following teams and drivers competed in the 2009 Australian Formula Ford Championship.
|Sonic Motor Racing Services||Mygale SJ07A||2||Nick Percat|
|Mygale SJ09A||4||Geoff Uhrhane|
|CAMS Rising Star||Spectrum 011c||5||Luke Ellery|
|Spectrum 011d||19||Scott Pye|
|Spectrum 011d||71||Nathan Morcom|
|Evans Motorsport||Mygale SJ08A||6||Trent Harrison|
|TSR Racing||Mygale SJ07A||7||Martin Short|
|Minda Motorsport||Spectrum 011b||8||Tom Tweedie|
|10|| Jesse Dixon|
|Van Diemen RF06||24||James Crozier|
|Spectrum 011c||25||Ben Walter|
|Spectrum 011||48||Andrew Waite|
|Spectrum 011b||74||Nicholas McBride|
|Synergy Motorsport||Spectrum 011c||9||Nick Simmons|
|Spectrum 011b||15||Chaz Mostert|
|Spectrum 011c||16||Ryan Simpson|
|The Cosmetic Medicine Centre||Van Diemen RF06||11||Roman Krumins|
|BF Racing||Mygale SJ08A||13||Nicholas Foster|
|Anglo Australian Motorsport||Comtec Spirit WL06||14||Nicholas Tanti|
|Brad Jones Racing||Mygale SJ09A||14||Tom Williamson|
|Team BRM||Mygale SJ09A||20|| Richie Stanaway|
|21|| Ben Small|
|22|| Jordan Skinner|
|Monza Motors-Mygale||Mygale SJ08A||30||Trent Harrison|
|National Surgical||Van Diemen RF04||32||Jon Mills|
|Berklee Australia||Van Diemen RF06||44||Roger I'Anson|
|Muzz Buzz||Spectrum 011d||45||Ashley Walsh|
|Mygale Australia||Mygale SJ08A||46||Andrew Beams|
|James Mann||Van Diemen RF04||51||James Mann|
|Refrigerated Rental & Sales||Spectrum 011c||63||Martin Swindells|
|King's Fibreglass||Spectrum 011b||77||Caleb Rayner|
|Master Electricians Racing||Van Diemen RF06||87||Andre Borell|
|Listec Racing||Listec Wil013||95||Glenn Welch|
|Activity Playgrounds||Spectrum 011b||98||Jake Chapman|
Race calendar and resultsEdit
|Event||Circuit||Date||Pole Position||Race 1 Winner||Race 2 Winner||Race 3 Winner|
|1||Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit||28–29 March||Nick Percat||Nick Percat||Nick Percat||no third race|
|2||Winton Motor Raceway||2–3 May||Nick Percat||Nick Percat||Nick Percat||Nick Percat|
|3||Symmons Plains Raceway||31 May||Chaz Mostert||Nick Percat||Nick Percat||Richie Stanaway|
|4||Hidden Valley Raceway||19 June||Nick Percat||Nick Percat||Nick Percat||Nick Percat|
|5||Sandown Raceway||2 August||Chaz Mostert||Mitch Evans||Scott Pye||Scott Pye|
|6||Queensland Raceway||23 August||Mitch Evans||Tim Macrow||Mitch Evans||Mitch Evans|
|7||Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit||13 September||Mitch Evans||Nick Percat||Nick Percat||Chaz Mostert|
|8||Surfers Paradise Street Circuit||23–25 October||Mitch Evans||Mitch Evans||Mitch Evans||Ashley Walsh|
Drivers' championship standingsEdit
- 2009 Genuine Ford Parts Australian Formula Ford Championship Sporting Regulations as archived at www.webcitation.org
- "Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit 29/03/2009 2009 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix". National Software. 29 March 2009. Archived from the original on 20 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-23.
- "Winton Motor Raceway 03/05/2009 2009 V8 Supercar Championship Series – Races 5 & 6". National Software. 3 May 2009. Retrieved 23 May 2009.
- "Symmons Plains International Raceway 31/05/2009 2009 V8 Supercar Championship Series – Races 7 & 8". natsoft.com.au. 31 May 2009. Archived from the original on 22 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "Hidden Valley Raceway 21/06/2009 2009 Skycity Triple Crown – V8 Supercar Championship Series". natsoft.com.au. 20 June 2009. Retrieved 20 June 2009.
- "Sandown International Motor Raceway 02/08/2009 Norton 360 Sandown Challenge – Races 13 & 14". natsoft.com.au. 2 August 2009. Archived from the original on 6 August 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-02.
- Official Australian Formula Ford website
- 2009 Racing Results Archive
- 2009 Australian Formula Ford Technical Regulations As archived at www.webcitation.org
- 2009 Genuine Ford Parts Australian Formula Ford Championship Complete Pointscore As archived at www.webcitation.org
- Reports and images from the 2009 Australian Formula Ford Championship