2007 Italian Open (tennis)
The 2007 Italian Open (also known for 2007 Rome Masters and the sponsored name 2007 Internazionali BNL d'Italia) was the 2007 edition of the Italian Open tennis tournament. The men's tournament was part of the 2007 ATP Masters Series and was held on May 5-13. The women's event was a 2007 WTA Tier I Series event and was held on May 13-20.
|2007 Italian Open|
|Date||May 5 – May 13 (men)|
May 13 – May 20 (women)
|Surface||Clay / Outdoor|
|Fabrice Santoro / Nenad Zimonjić|
|Nathalie Dechy / Mara Santangelo|
Rafael Nadal was crowned champion for a record third consecutive year, and equalled Thomas Muster's overall record of three wins. Filippo Volandri, conqueror of Roger Federer, became the first Italian man to reach the semi-final stage since 1978, leaving Mara Santangelo as the only Italian among the winners for this year, triumphing in the women's doubles along with Nathalie Dechy of France.
Jelena Janković won her third title of the year after considering retirement during the previous year.
- Men's Singles draw
- Men's Doubles draw
- "[no title]" (PDF). WTA Tour. 2007. pp. 1–2. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 October 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "Jankovic dominates the clay at Italian tennis Open". The Sydney Morning Herald. 21 May 2007. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "Nadal beats Federer again". Eurosport. 7 May 2007. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "Wildcard trumps Federer". The Guardian. 10 May 2007. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "Federer beaten by wildcard in Rome". Reuters. 20 May 2007. Retrieved 20 April 2018.