2006–07 Super League Greece
The 2006–07 Super League Greece was the 71st season of the highest football league of Greece and the inaugural under the name Super League. The season began on 19 August 2006 and ended on 13 May 2007. Olympiacos clinched the title on 22 April with their victory over Kerkyra, for their third straight title and 10th in the last 11 years.
35th Greek title
|UEFA Cup||Larissa (via domestic cup)|
|Goals scored||558 (2.33 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Nikos Liberopoulos (18)|
|Biggest home win||AEK Athens 5–0 Larissa|
Olympiacos 5–0 Apollon Kalamarias
|Biggest away win||Ionikos 1–5 AEK Athens|
|Highest scoring||Ionikos 3–5 Olympiacos|
For the next season, Ionikos, Kerkyra and Egaleo have been relegated to B' Ethniki given that they have finished in the lowest three spots of the table. Asteras Tripoli, Levadiakos and Veria was promoted from B' Ethniki for 2007–08.
Stadia and personnelEdit
- 1 On final match day of the season, played on 13 May 2007.
Final league tableEdit
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts||Qualification or relegation|
|1||Olympiacos (C)||30||22||5||3||62||23||+39||71||Qualification for the Champions League group stage|
|2||AEK Athens||30||18||8||4||60||27||+33||62||Qualification for the Champions League third qualifying round|
|3||Panathinaikos||30||16||6||8||47||28||+19||54||Qualification for the UEFA Cup first round|
|7||OFI||30||12||6||12||41||45||−4||42||Qualification for the Intertoto Cup third round[b]|
|10||Larissa||30||9||9||12||30||38||−8||36||Qualification for the UEFA Cup first round[c]|
|14||Kerkyra (R)||30||8||11||11||34||36||−2||35[d]||Relegation to the Beta Ethniki|
Rules for classification: 1st points; 2nd head-to-head points; 3rd head-to-head goal difference; 4th decision match.
(C) Champion; (R) Relegated.
- Head-to-head record: PAOK–Panionios 1–1, Panionios–PAOK 3–1.
- PAOK turned down entry to the Intertoto Cup allowing OFI to accept the bid from Greece.
- Larissa qualified for one of the four UEFA Cup spots based on their victory in the Greek Football Cup.
- Head-to-head record: Apollon Kalamarias: 9 pts, Iraklis: 4 pts, Kerkyra: 4 pts. Iraklis ahead of Kerkyra on head-to-head goal difference.
- Ionikos had 3 points deducted for an attack by the club's Chairman on the Referee in Round 6, and 2 points deducted for incidents in Round 14.
Source: Galanis Sports Data
|1||Nikos Lyberopoulos||AEK Athens||18|
|9||Alban Bushi||Apollon Kalamarias||9|
|Júlio César||AEK Athens|