2005 AIG Japan Open Tennis Championships
The 2005 AIG Japan Open Tennis Championships was a tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It was the 32nd edition of the event known that year as the AIG Japan Open Tennis Championships, and was part of the International Series Gold of the 2005 ATP Tour, and of the Tier III Series of the 2005 WTA Tour. Both the men's and the women's events took place at the Ariake Coliseum in Tokyo, Japan, from 3 October through 9 October 2005. Wesley Moodie and Nicole Vaidišová won the singles titles.
|2005 AIG Japan Open Tennis Championships|
|Surface||Hard / outdoor|
|Wesley Moodie |
|Satoshi Iwabuchi / Takao Suzuki |
|Gisela Dulko / Maria Kirilenko|
- It was Moodie's 1st title of the year and the 1st of his career.
- It was Vaidišová's 2nd title of the year and the 4th of her career.
- It was the first and only title for both Iwabuchi and Suzuki.
- "2005 Tokyo Men's Singles draw". www.atpworldtour.com. Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- "2005 Tokyo Men's Doubles draw". www.atpworldtour.com. Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- "Moodie beats Ancic in Tokyo final". CNN. 9 October 2005. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Vaidisova handed Japan Open title". BBC. 9 October 2005. Retrieved 24 September 2014.