2003 Betta Electrical Sandown 500
The 2003 Betta Electrical Sandown 500 was an endurance race for V8 Supercars. The event was staged at the Sandown International Raceway near Melbourne in Victoria, Australia on 14 September 2003 as Round 9 of the 2003 V8 Supercar Championship Series. The programmed race distance was 161 laps of the 3.1 km circuit (499 km) however the race was declared at 141 laps (437 km) due to the effects of the weather and a 19-minute delayed start due to a support category incident. It was the 36th Sandown 500 endurance race.
|Round 9 of 13 in the 2003 V8 Supercar Championship Series|
|Date||12–14 September 2003|
|Venue||Sandown International Raceway|
Top 10 ShootoutEdit
|Pos.||No.||Driver ||Entrant ||Car ||Time |
|Pole||4||Marcos Ambrose||Pirtek Racing||Ford BA Falcon||1:11.8554|
|2||1||Mark Skaife||Holden Racing Team||Holden VY Commodore||1:12.2797|
|3||51||Greg Murphy||K-Mart Racing Team||Holden VY Commodore||1:12.3744|
|4||65||Paul Radisich||Betta Electrical||Ford BA Falcon||1:12.6438|
|5||44||Simon Wills||Team Dynamik||Holden VY Commodore||1:12.6448|
|6||17||Steven Johnson||Shell Helix Racing||Ford BA Falcon||1:12.6711|
|7||6||Craig Lowndes||Ford Performance Racing||Ford BA Falcon||1:12.6823|
|8||21||John Bowe||OzEmail Racing Team||Ford BA Falcon||1:12.9444|
|9||29||Paul Morris||Sirromet - Life Style Wine||Holden VY Commodore||1:13.0164|
|10||31||Steven Ellery||Super Cheap Auto racing||Ford BA Falcon||1:20.6263|
+ Mark Porter did not drive car 021 during the race and Tim Leahey did not drive car 3 during the race.
- Provisional Pole Position - #65 Paul Radisich - 1:11.0674
- Pole Position - #4 Marcos Ambrose - 1:11.8554
- Fastest Lap - #1 Mark Skaife - 1:12.0236
- Race Average Speed - 127 km/h
- "Top 10 Shootout, www.v8supercar.com.au, as archived at web.archive.org". Archived from the original on 2004-01-13. Retrieved 2004-01-13.
- "Race results, v8supercar.com.au, as archived at web.archive.org". Archived from the original on 2003-10-02. Retrieved 2003-10-02.
- "Betta Electrical Sandown 500 The One That Got Away, V8supercar.com.au, as archived at web.archive.org". Archived from the original on 2003-10-08. Retrieved 2003-10-08.
2003 V8Supercar Oran Park
|2003 Supercars Championship||Next race:|
2003 Bob Jane T-Marts 1000
2002 Sandown 500
|Sandown 500||Next year:|
2004 Betta Electrical 500