The 2001 Australian Open was a tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts at Melbourne Park in Melbourne in Australia. It was the 89th edition of the Australian Open and was held from 15 through 28 January 2001.
|2001 Australian Open|
|Date||15–28 January 2001|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Surface||Hardcourt (Rebound Ace)|
|Jonas Björkman / Todd Woodbridge|
|Serena Williams / Venus Williams|
|Corina Morariu / Ellis Ferreira|
|Ytai Abougzir / Luciano Vitullo|
|Petra Cetkovská / Barbora Strýcová|
|Men's legends doubles|
|John Fitzgerald / Wally Masur|
|Legends mixed doubles|
|Nicole Bradtke / Tony Roche|
Andre Agassi defeated Arnaud Clément 6–4, 6–2, 6–2
- It was Agassi's 7th career Grand Slam title and his 3rd Australian Open title.
Jennifer Capriati defeated Martina Hingis 6–4, 6–3
- It was Capriati's 1st career Grand Slam title and her 1st Australian Open title.
Jonas Björkman / Todd Woodbridge defeated Byron Black / David Prinosil 6–1, 5–7, 6–4, 6–4
- It was Björkman's 3rd career Grand Slam title and his 3rd Australian Open title. It was Woodbridge's 18th career Grand Slam title and his 4th Australian Open title.
Serena Williams / Venus Williams defeated Lindsay Davenport / Corina Morariu 6–2, 2–6, 6–4
- It was Serena Williams's 7th career Grand Slam title and her 1st Australian Open title. It was Venus Williams's 8th career Grand Slam title and her 2nd Australian Open title.
Corina Morariu / Ellis Ferreira defeated Barbara Schett / Joshua Eagle 6–1, 6–3
- It was Morariu's 2nd and last career Grand Slam title and her only Australian Open title. It was Ferreira's 2nd and last career Grand Slam title and his 2nd Australian Open title.
Janko Tipsarević defeated Wang Yeu-tzuoo 3–6, 7–5, 6–0
Jelena Janković defeated Sofia Arvidsson 6–2, 6–1
Ytai Abougzir / Luciano Vitullo defeated Frank Dancevic / Giovanni Lapentti 6–4, 7–6 (7–5)
Petra Cetkovská / Barbora Strýcová defeated Anna Bastrikova / Svetlana Kuznetsova 7–6 (7–3), 1–6, 6–4
- John Fitzgerald / Wally Masur defeated Darren Cahill / Brad Drewett, 6–2, 6–4,
- Nicole Bradtke / Tony Roche defeated Elizabeth Smylie / Stan Smith, 2–6, 6–2, 7–5