2000 Ireland rugby union tour of the Americas. The 2000 Ireland national rugby union team summer tour saw them play three Test matches against Argentina, the United States and Canada. The touring party included two sets of brothers – Simon and Guy Easterby and David and Paul Wallace. The second Test against the United States remains Ireland's biggest win to date. It also saw Ireland score their most points (83) and their most tries (13) in a single match. In the same game Mike Mullins scored a hat-trick of tries. The tour saw several Ireland players making their senior debuts. David Wallace and Peter McKenna both featured against Argentina. However, while Wallace would on go to become an established international and a British Lion, it proved to be the first and last senior cap for McKenna. Geordan Murphy, Guy Easterby, Tyrone Howe and Frankie Sheahan all made their senior Ireland debuts against the United States. Murphy and Easterby celebrated the occasion by scoring two tries each.
|2000 Ireland rugby union tour of The Americas|
|Tour captain(s)||Keith Wood|
|Top test point scorer(s)||Ronan O'Gara (25)|
|Top test try scorer(s)||Mike Mullins (3)|
|Previous tour||Australia 1999|
|Next tour||New Zealand 2002|
3 June 2000
|Tries: Ignacio Corleto
Con: Quesada (2)
Pen: Quesada (5)
|Report||Tries: Malcolm O'Kelly|
Con: David Humphreys
Pen: David Humphreys (2)
Argentina: Ignacio Corleto; Octavio Bartolucci, Eduardo Simone (Felipe Contepomi), Juan Fernández Miranda, Diego Albanese; Gonzalo Quesada, Agustín Pichot (capt); Gonzalo Longo, Rolando Martin, Santiago Phelan, Ignacio Fernández Lobbe, Alejandro Allub, Martín Scelzo, Federico Méndez, Mauricio Reggiardo. Coach: Marcelo Loffreda
10 June 2000
|Report||Tries: Mike Mullins (3)|
Geordan Murphy (2)
Guy Easterby (2)
Simon Easterby (2)
Con: O'Gara (8) David Humphreys (1)
Singer Family Park, Manchester, New Hampshire
Referee: C Thomas (Wales)
17 June 2000
|Tries: Winston Stanley
Con: Scott Stewart (3)
Pen: Scott Stewart (2)
|Report||Tries: Shane Horgan|
Pen: David Humphreys
Ronan O'Gara (3)
Canada: W. Stanley; M. Irvine, N. Witkowski, K. Nichols, S. Fauth; S. Stewart, M. Williams; P. Murphy, R. Banks, G. Dixon; J. Tait, E. Knaggs; J. Thiel, P. Dunkley, R. Snow. Coach:
- New caps for Irish tour, BBC News, 8 May 2000
- Ireland statistics on Irish Rugby (archived, 2 Dec 2008)
- "www.munsterfans.com". Archived from the original on 14 July 2011. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- Two new caps for Irish, BBC News, 2 June 2000
- Peter McKenna on Irish Rugby.com
- Easterby and Howe's green light by Tony Ward, 7 Jun 2000
- Rugby: Gathland wary of Canada game
- Memoria y Balance 2000 on UAR website
- Ireland could be next on list for Games
- "Rugby: Ireland lose to Argentina by 34-23". RTE. Retrieved 24 December 2021.
- "Pacey Irish romp to a record 13-try win". Irish Times. Retrieved 24 December 2021.
- "Ireland in 13-try romp". BBC Sport. Retrieved 24 December 2021.
- "Canada Ireland". Irish Rugby. Retrieved 24 December 2021.